2008 Cadillac CTS lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac CTS:

2008 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Aug 212013

CTS 6-cyl

While I was a passenger riding on a major interstate, in the right front passenger seat, the air bag light (on/off) on the dash/console turned from the "on" status to the "off" status. After stopping we followed onstar's directions to turn off ignition and restart the vehicle and sit in the passenger seat once again. The air bag light stayed in the "off" status. We turned the vehicle off and restarted once again. This time when I sat in the passenger seat the air bag light changed to the "on" status. The following week, my mother was a passenger in the front and the air bag light stayed in the "off" position. Last week, another passenger was in the front passenger seat and the air bag light remained in the "off" position. I took it to a dealer while out of town, and the mechanic said that the right front passenger presence module has a short and needs to be replaced. I had the front right headlight assembly replaced, but was uncomfortable allowing that dealer to replace the passenger air bag sensor. I am bringing it to my dealer to have it replaced under warranty.

- Cullman, AL, USA