2010 Cadillac CTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac CTS:

2010 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Vehicle died while driving with no prior warning or error messages-complete engine failure, loss of power steering, brakes. Unable to restart after several attempts. Mechanic determined that the ECM had failed unexpectedly. When computer was replaced, they were unable to detect any sensor issues that may have contributed to ECM failure, they concluded that the ECM had failed while driving. Had it failed on freeway, results could have been catastrophic.

- Katy, TX, USA

Sep 122014

CTS 6-cyl

The car shut off while driving down a hill this is the second time it has happened I checked with GM to see if there was a recall for this car and at this time there is not. We were lucky both times that there were no other vehicles around and that the car was kept under control while bringing it to a stop. Although GM has no recalls for this car I am filling this complaint because of the many recalls that are out there for this same problem. Will the third time be a charm when it happens and someone gets killed or seriously injured for GM to include this car? it will be to late!!!!!!!

- North Huntingdon, PA, USA

Oct 222013

CTS 6-cyl

Since purchasing this certified pre-owned vehicle, I have noticed that the car's engine has an intermittent tendency to suddenly rev or idle very high while my foot is on the brake and I am in the process of slowing down, stopping, or pulling into a parking apace. The car lurches forward and is only controlled during those times by applying a great deal of pressure on the brake until the idle returns to normal and the car stops trying to lurch forward. I have taken the car back to the service dept. Of the dealership each time (at least five times or more), but the problem had not been duplicated until the shop foreman drove it one day and was able to experience the problem. He replaced the throttle body, but the problem continues. I complained to GM and to the Virginia better business bureau because I didn't feel enough was being done to resolve the problem. Initially, GM ignored me and offered no response. When the BBB became involved, I did get a GM response. The BBB suggested the installation of a vehicle data recorder ("black box") to help in the detection of the problem. I recorded three separate incidents on the recorder. Still, the dealership attempted to point the finger of fault at me, stating that I must be driving with my feet on both pedals at the same time! I do not practice such driving habits and told the BBB so. Since the vehicle showed no further problems for a couple of days, the BBB suggested I close the file and maybe reopen later -- if my mileage qualifies to have the case reopened. I sense the BBB's resignation to support GM and the dealer, despite the fact that I have all of the necessary documentation to support my claims. I have become extremely frustrated and very nervous about this potentially dangerous defect, and nothing is being done about it. I am hoping that you can help resolve this.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA