2010 Cadillac CTS lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac CTS:

2010 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Oct 202014

CTS 6-cyl

I was traveling approximately 65 mph at around 7pm when a dump truck suddenly moved into my lane. I had to immediately slam on the brakes. Simultaneously, I sounded my horn and flicked my high beams multiple times at which point all of my outside lights went off. I was completely in the dark, traveling in excess of 55 mph, with no street lights and no car lights. I slowed as quickly as I could and pulled over to the side of the road. I turned the car off and then restarted. Once the car restarted, the lights came back on and functioned normally. I experienced this a second time on the night of November 18, 2014 once more around 7pm. I was attempting to pass a slower vehicle. I shifted my Cts into sport transmission mode in order to downshift to pass. At the same time, I put my signal on to indicate I was moving my car to the left to pass. I passed the vehicle, put my signal on to indicate I was moving to the right, and all of my exterior lights went out. Unlike the first time this occurred, I was not engaging any controls for my lights or horn. I was simply passing and using my turn signal. Once more, I was moving in excess of 55 mph with no lights on a rural road. Fortunately, I was familiar with this road, so I was able to find a safe place to pull over, shut the vehicle off, and restart. Just like the October 2014 occurrence, when the vehicle restarted, the lights returned to normal functioning.

- Mauricetown, NJ, USA

Jan 142013

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that the rear left and right top plastic retaining lamp fell off. There was a one forth inch of space between the tail lights and the body of the car. The manufacturer was contacted and did not offer a remedy. There was thirteen tail lamps replaced on the vehicle. The failure recurred. The failure mileage was 5,322.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Apr 122012

CTS 6-cyl

The tail light lens do not fit properly. They warp out at the top ends, causing very sharp protrusions that can catch your hand when washing or wiping the vehicle. These were replaced with new ones at the dealership. However, after a few months the same condition has re-occurred. This in my opinion is a safety issue that should be addressed by manufacture. I have managed to cut my hand on more than one occasion because of this condition.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Nov 262011

CTS 6-cyl

Passanger side sunvisor wiring caught on fire and burnt some of ceiling upholstery and melted plastic trim around sun roof.

- Bassett, , VA, USA