2010 Cadillac CTS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac CTS:

2010 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Aug 022016

CTS

While driving down the highway/freeway both driver and passenger side curtain air bags spontaneously deployed. I do not know as to why the air bags spontaneously deployed but I have seen other instances were this has occurred online.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Oct 142010

CTS

Air bag warning light indicating that passenger air bag is in need of maintenance. Advised by pine belt Cadillac that there may be a malfunction and they said they cleaned the connectors. The warning code #B0014 appeared again in November indicating that the connection at the air bag had a poor connection, at which time I responded back to the dealership and was advised that I would have to replace the canister at a cost to me of $608. The service person said that the airbag system would not function unless this was corrected. The diagnostics alone were $116. This is related to safest equipment and I feel it should not be a cost to me for replcement and or repairs.

- Waretown, NJ, USA

Sep 032013

CTS 6-cyl

I have a 2010 Cts Cadillac; I was involved in an accident on 9/3/2013 in which I was T-bone by some running a red light my airbags did ot deploy, I have injuries from that accident that I am still dealing with. I was stopped at stop light in a 2 way left turn I was on the outside the blind side. When the light turn green a slow pulled out and made a wide turn to give the truck on my inside plenty of room the next thing I remember I was spinning in the road, over $7000 in damage to my car, I have serve nerve damage to my left hand, elbow and a torn rotator cup. This accident happen at the intersection of hwy 17 & hwy 24/258 jacksonville, nc coming home from my grand daughter 3rd birthday party.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

May 222014

CTS 6-cyl

Passenger airbag sensor light remains lit at all times. Light is supposed to go off after system check. Manual says sensors needs to be serviced or injury may occur during accident due to airbag failure. According to internet Cadillac forums, many drivers are experiencing this same problem and dealers are telling them "it is normal" or charging over $600 to replace sensor that may or may not fix problem. This is very similar to the recall for 2003-2008 Cts's for the same problem. Even older Cts's are experiencing a return of the problem and dealers won't fix them saying the problem was already fixed in the recall. How can GM say a recall was successful when it didn't fix the problem in the cars identified and newer cars are having the same problems.?

- Murphysboro, IL, USA

Nov 012013

CTS 6-cyl

Sporadically, a "service air bag" warning comes on when engine is running. Also, in a few instances, the airbag readiness light has stayed on after completion of the brief system check which occurs when the engine is started. The dealers service department reviewed the matter and found that the history code for the passenger seat air bag "cleared codes", indicating that air bag is in working order. It recommended that if the service warning and readiness light were on frequently, the passenger seat air bag should be replaced at a cost of $912. I do not know why the dealer focused only on that one air bag. This issue sounds like the problem for which GM recently recalled certain sport utility vehicles for years including 2010, our model year. I believe it should be determined whether that recall should be extended to cover additional vehicles, including ours. Updated 04/08/14

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jan 112010

CTS 6-cyl

2010 Cadillac Cts. Consumer states problem with brakes the consumer stated she began having problems with the brakes one week after purchasing the vehicle. The brakes were allegedly replaced in March 2010. Also, the driver's air bag compartment became loose and had to be repaired several times. In January 2011, the consumer became locked inside the vehicle. The problem was fixed in May 2011.

- Okemos, MI, USA