2011 Cadillac CTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac CTS:

2011 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Feb 262015

CTS

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while driving at 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed and repaired. The specifics of the repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 38,847.

- Westchester, IL, USA

Feb 212015

CTS 6-cyl

On 21 Feb. While driving approximately 75 mph, a warning light came on indicating "service stability track control, engine power will be reduced. I suddenly lost power and luckily, the 18 wheeler that was behind me swerved to other lane to avoid rear end collision. I immediately put on my hazard indicator and was able to coast to the median. Luckily, I was not killed!. on searching, I have found this to be a common complaint that the manufacturer is well aware of but refuses to correct the issue...there are numerous complaints all over the internet regarding near death experiences because of this similar issue. What is it going to take, a death?

- W. Columbia, SC, USA

Nov 132014

CTS

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while driving, the engine seized and the brakes failed. As a result the car crashed into an embankment. The contact sustained head and chest injuries that required medical attention. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V394000 (electrical system). The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,500.

- Locust Grove , GA, USA

Apr 022014

CTS 6-cyl

S10 appropriate handling- letter to the secretary from constituents re copy of letter to mary barra, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO), General Motors expressing dissatisfaction with after service care. The consumer stated there was a loud ticking noise coming from the vehicle, when it was started. The dealer inspected the vehicle, and assured the consumer the vehicle was dependable. On May 27, 2014 the consumer felt a mild vibration through the steering wheel. The dealer stated the balance was off, but everything was fine. On June 15, 2014, while driving, the consumer heard a loud bang, then a rough ticking sound and felt a shudder through the steering wheel. He gently braked and pulled over to the shoulder, inspected the vehicle, but found nothing wrong. After the vehicle was inspected again, and being told there was nothing wrong. He continued to experience a vibration through the steering wheel, and the thumping became more pronounced. Also, the vehicle lurched and a loud bang and heavy vibration, was flt throughout the car. The consumer had the vehicle towed to the dealer. The consumer explained to the dealer about the vibration tear in the cloth shield he discovered, the tow truck driver brought two of the four that held the drive shaft together to the service representative. The dealer informed the consumer the vibration tear was a cigarette burn, and the drive shaft bolts falling out of the vehicle and bearing failure were issues address several times before. After the vehicle was returned to the consumer, there was low pitched whistle during light to moderate acceleration, which he did not hear when he first purchased the vehicle. Also, there was a light weight oil/fluid leaking from under the engine area. He noticed the fuel consumption range had dropped from 17-18 mpg to 15 mpg. The rear end felt less stable and there was a slight shift when coming off driveways or over uneven pavement. (2011 Cadillac Cts).

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

May 242014

CTS 6-cyl

Driving on a curvy country road the engine suddenly died, I lost power steering and almost ran off the road. I was able to coast to a stop. I put the car in park and it started immediately. The car does not have an ignition key, only a fob. The engine is 3.6 Cts 4. I drove 2 miles back home and parked the car and will not drive it again until a resolution is obtained for the problem.

- Manassas , VA, USA

Feb 272014

CTS

When getting onto the highway 2 miles from my home every morning, I accelarate from 45 miles an hour to about 65 and 70 miles an hour. Car starts shaking violently (feels like you are driving with 2 front flat tires) and engine light comes on. Most of the time it flashes for about 30 seconds and then goes off, and sometimes engine light comes on and stays on for about 30 seconds. Car loses power momentarily for about 30 seconds. I took car to the dealership the following day, and they found nothing wrong. I took the car to the dealer about 6 weeks later on April 27th 2014 when the problem was happening on a daily basis every morning only. Dealership kept car for 2 days and said they resolved problem. Exactly 2 days later same thing happened. Problem continues to this day but not on a daily basis. Not sure if that has something to do with the weather now that it is no longer winter. I will be making my third trip to the dealership in the next week for this same issue :shaking car, engine light on and momentary loss of acceleration power.

- Cockeysville, MD, USA

Mar 162012

CTS

Due to the recent GM problems with ignition switch I wanted to file this complaint on my 2011 Cadillac Cts as I am not hearing my car mentioned for recall. Twice within the first couple months of owning the Cts I started to accelerate into traffic from a stopped position and the car completely shut off like a light switch flipping. No sound was made but simply everything lost all power and forced me to coast into traffic...twice!! I threw the car into neutral to try and restart it with no luck. It wouldn't even turnover. I had to come to a full stop (coasting to side of road after having traffic fly by me on a 3 lane highway) and then the car would restart like nothing happened. I took the Cts to ken dixon Chevy/Cadillac (now waldorf Cadillac) in waldorf, md and also to capitol Cadillac in greenbelt, md. The techs told me the car showed no errors on the computer and also they could find no fault on the car and returned it to me. One tech did mention something about a heavy keychain could cause this. I passed him my keys and he said that my keys certainly shouldn't cause that due to the light weight. I am still driving the car and this latest news from GM has me very scared to drive this car in Washington, DC traffic and put me and my family at daily risk. I posted this problem on the edmunds.com Cadillac Cts car forum in March of 2012. No action was taken by GM customer service.

- Brandywine, MD, USA

Jan 162014

CTS

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while at a stop light, the vehicle began to shake violently as the service traction control and engine power reduced warning lights illuminated. Also, the contact stated that when attempting to accelerate there was a reduction of engine power and the vehicle failed to accelerate. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 45,000.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Apr 012013

CTS 8-cyl

Loud supercharger grinding noise.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Dec 042012

CTS 8-cyl

The supercharger started to make a noise which sounded like marbles. It now is getting louder sounding like it is going to fall off. It is a Cts-V.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA