2012 Cadillac CTS suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac CTS:

2012 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Apr 202016

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Cts. While driving 55 mph merging onto the highway, the contact heard an abnormal sound near the front end of the vehicle. It was discovered that the passenger side suspension separated from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 202016

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Cts. While driving approximately 60 mph, a loud noise emitted outside of the vehicle. The front passenger side tire and lower control arm detached completely. In addition, the brakes, rotors, and other suspension support detached onto the road. The vehicle crashed into a concrete barrier. The driver sustained a lower back injury. The front seat occupant suffered from a bump to the head. The injuries required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was unavailalbe.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 262014

CTS 6-cyl

As I approached a street from a store parking lot, I stepped on the brake but the car did not slow. As I saw I was not going to stop, I tried to steer the car to the right to try to avoid crossing into traffic. The steering wheel would not turn. I was going very slowly and saw the face of the driver of the car that hit me. That car hit my car twice. Once in the front left corner and then in left rear corner, as my car spun 90 degrees to the right from the first impact. Someone asked me if my car had turned off. I said I didn't know because the engine is so quiet. A responding sheriff's deputy told my husband the driver who hit me said he saw me looking at him and was sure I was going to stop. Later analysis by a Cadillac technician revealed error codes from the front wheel speed sensors. I have been told a wheel speed sensor malfunction can affect braking.

- Houston, TX, USA