2.6

2008 Cadillac DTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac DTS:

2008 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Jul 012014

DTS

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Dts. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted; however, the failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the cause of the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Queens, NY, USA

Jan 152015

DTS

After parking my car in the garage, approximately 3 weeks later, I went to start my car, but it would not start, it would crank over good, but would not start. I proceeded with my own assumptions and found a pin(#30)on the fuel pump relay was burnt, I had an electrical diagnosis performed on the wiring and the fuel pump, both passed okay, I was told the fuse block was bad, (which I suspected),which I had previously ordered from the Cadillac dealer. On installing the new fuse block, the problem was solved.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA

Mar 132013

DTS

Oil smell fumes comining from the heater vents. So bad at times we had to get out of the car. Have taken the car to two different Cadillac dealers and have been told they could not find anything. I have had the engine light come on code P0411 and it went out. Took it to the delear and they reset the computer. On March 2nd the light came on again and went out the next day. I was told next time the I got the smell to go directly to any GM delear. I had taken my wife to the doctor in natick mass and we got the fumes and I went to long Cadillac which I was told to do only to find out they moved to westboro mass. A former trobule shooter for GM who used to worek for frost Cadillac until they lost their franchise told my son this is a common thing with 2006 to 2010 Cadillac and if this is the case the motor has to come out of the vehicle so it can be resealed. I have a few months left on my bumber to bumber warranty and it seems that GM is stalling me until the warranty runs out. I have sent two letters to GM one was to their president and all I would get is a nice person whom seemed they were interested but nothing was ever done by them except make an appointment at the Cadillac dealer. My car has 64,000 on it.

- Newton, MA, USA