1.9

2008 Cadillac DTS fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac DTS:

2008 Cadillac DTS Owner Comments

Jun 062016

DTS

Fuel pump relay melted replaced rear fuse box and relay tried to start vehicle on 6 June 2016 vehicle would not start at all. Had vehicle towed in to diagnose $81.99 just purchased about 6 months ago. Purchased a warranty but this problem was not covered. I have never had this experience with a vehicle. After extensive reading I find this is a problem with a variety of Cadillac vehicles. I had to pay $796.43, parts were $397.51.this should have never happen and could have caused major damage. Since Cadillac know this is a problem I feel I should be reimbursed for my suffering and pain. This problem could have resulted in a fire starting in the seat area. I probably would not have known until it was to late.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Jan 152015

DTS

After parking my car in the garage, approximately 3 weeks later, I went to start my car, but it would not start, it would crank over good, but would not start. I proceeded with my own assumptions and found a pin(#30)on the fuel pump relay was burnt, I had an electrical diagnosis performed on the wiring and the fuel pump, both passed okay, I was told the fuse block was bad, (which I suspected),which I had previously ordered from the Cadillac dealer. On installing the new fuse block, the problem was solved.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA

Jan 082015

DTS

Fuel pump module overheated, almost to the point of fire. This part was recalled in 2006-2007 cts-V and sts-V, but continues in their 2008 Dts. It is different in the manner it occurs, but with same result. Replaced the module, car died again, replaced fuel pump and module again, car died again. This is very dangerous with children strapped in sitting right over the burning hot module.

- New Hartford, NY, USA

Feb 122012

DTS 8-cyl

I started to smell smoke in the car, I shut the engine, the smoke was coming from under the back seat. I removed the back seat, and smelled the fuse box, and opened the fuse box cover, and I found that two relays were very hot, and one of them was burned, and melted all the way into the bottom of the whole fuse box block. I had the whole fuse block replaced the part alone was $225.71 plus installation. A year later same exact thing happened, I went to the dealer, and I was told that there is no recall on this fuse block. So I guess I have to do this all over again if I want to drive this vehicle.

- Greenwich, CT, USA