6.0

1997 Cadillac DeVille electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Cadillac DeVille:

1997 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Jan 042004

DeVille

I am told that this may be an emissions problem. According to the om emissions is covered up 2 80000miles. I bought the car used from Ken Dixon Cadillac and chev. 6 months ago with 73,275 miles on it. I've taken it in three times for the routine oil change and it always cost me MONEY. 1st I had an oil leak which was covered by the gp WARRANTY. But they had to fix and replace a bent flex pipe. $800.00 out of pocket. then next oil change cooling line on transmission and a belt replaced. I refused the cooling line it was $1000.00 and now I am dreading the SES light this car cost me every time i take it in for an oil change. It seems if Cadillac wants to compete with Mercedes they need to build better cars with less maintenance problems.

- , Upper Marlboro, MD, USA