2003 Cadillac DeVille brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Cadillac DeVille:

2003 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Sep 072014

DeVille

The contact owns a 2003 Cadillac Deville. The contact indicated that the ABS sensor, brake sensor and traction control sensor illuminated intermittently. The contact stated that while reversing out of the driveway, the brakes failed and the pedal sank into the floor. The contact mentioned that the vehicle rolled away in reverse and crashed into a fence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 182012

DeVille 4WD 8-cyl

A recall letter was sent to me, I contacted to GM to let them know their recall was a little too late and luckily I was not on the road when this happened I was in a store parking lot when this occurred. I experienced complete loss of brakes, steering and electrical. I thought it was a battery issue. I purchased a new battery. I had to carry the battery 3 miles each way, it was not the battery.car was towed, repairs were found to be ignition problem and a module needed to be replaced, costing over $800, how do I get reimbursed for this" GM said they would get back to me and its been 3 weeks, I have heard nothing. I would appreciate your help. I have all the receipts and had we been told of the recall a big expense might of been saved, how do I get some sort of claim form to get reimbursed"

- Chgo, IL, USA

Jan 152014

DeVille

The contact owns a 2003 Cadillac Deville. The contact stated while driving approximately 40 mph, the brakes failed to stop the vehicle and the brake lights illuminated. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Jan 182013

DeVille 8-cyl

While attempting to park in parking space, brakes failed completely (pedal to the floor). Had to apply emergency brake to stop.

- Mount Vernon, MO, USA