2004 Cadillac DeVille drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac DeVille:

2004 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Sep 012014

Main computer failed while driving causing total loss of power. One pin was bad in the computer that controls the cars fuel, engine, etc. Replaced the defective computer costing over $1,000. Prior to the failure the check engine light came on many times. The computer did not store a code for this problem. This total loss of power is a costly safety issue.

- Bechtelsville, PA, USA

Mar 202014

DeVille 8-cyl

This car has continually stalled out at different speeds. I was told it was the throttle position sensor so I replaced that. That seemed to fix it temporarily but just yesterday I was driving on the highway and the car completely cut off going 55mph plus. The car completely stalled died out and I had no control over anything. Had this happened in the fast lane with more traffic my death would have been on the news. I want this fixed at no cost to me as this is ludicrous this car has such a defect. I buy a high end luxury car for high end luxury not to be in a pinto type death trap. I want this documented so others also know about this issue as dealer should know about issue and not being able to replicate results is bs as I stated it doesn't happen often but at random times. Car starts up right after the stall but the stall is the horrific issue!

- Cincinnati, OH, USA