2001 Cadillac Eldorado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Cadillac Eldorado:

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Owner Comments

Aug 242011

The contact owns a 2001 Cadillac Eldorado. The contact stated that while applying the brakes, the vehicle suddenly accelerated. The vehicle was maneuvered to the shoulder of the road and shut off. The vehicle was then towed to an independent mechanic, where the mechanic could not diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Decatur , IL, USA

May 232005

Eldorado 8-cyl

Car accelerates when parking into angle parking space. It did this several times after I purchased it used with aprox 26,000 miles. At first, I thought it was me hitting the brake an accelerator at the same time. I began to be careful when I applied the brake to cover the brake pedal only. It did it again and I took it to the dealer at 30982 miles, which looked at me strangely, said they never heard of this. He called GM, an yes they had, was told to reprogram the computer, which they accomplished. All of the cases have been intermittent and still occur every once in a while. Especially when I park in a angle and off camber spot. (I thank it might be traction control related.) just recalling seeing a lot of accidents by folks running through a business from parking close by. Then they are blamed for hitting the gas instead of the brake. My engine will accelerate faster an faster as I push harder an harder on the brake to a point I am ready to turn the key off, then it will then drop back to idle on it's own. Very scary though if you do not react quickly. No dealer in my town any more. Just to let you know its not all Toyota.

- Altus, OK, USA

Nov 282001

When the sensor failed, the engine remained in high RPM (1500-2200), vehicle was difficult to bring under control. Car speed remained at 40mph without use of any acceleration. Accident was avoided. Vehicle returned to dearlership for repair the next day.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA