2.0

2002 Cadillac Escalade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Cadillac Escalade:

2002 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Oct 192010

Escalade

My 2002 Cadillac Escalade has braking issues under 5 mph. It appears the ABS system is activated which takes the vehicle longer to stop. The brakes get very spongy and do not respond immediately. This has caused me to get into some very close calls when trying to stop.

- Niskayuna, NY, USA

Sep 272010

Escalade

I have a 2002 Cadillac Escalade and have read that there was a recall only in certain states for the ABS traction control module malfunction. I have almost been in two accidents since I got the car two months ago. The dealer won't work with me and I called Cadillac and they said there was no recall. There are alot of complaints online and the part is on back order for atleast 3 months everywhere. We have checked over 35 different places. The ABS kicks in when you are going under 5 mph and then the truck won't stop. It happens every time I go to stop the truck.

- New Brighton, MN, USA