2004 Cadillac Escalade engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac Escalade:

2004 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Apr 112016

Escalade

ck engine, service stabilitrak, engine power reduced

On two occasions in the same week, as soon as I start driving, my truck will lose power. The check engine and service stabilitrak lights come on along with the message "engine power reduced." I have had to coast into a parking space and turn the ignition off for a few minutes. When I start it back up, the check engine light stays on. I've read about others having the same problem with several possible remedies but no definite fix. There seems to be more cases of low oil pressure in the engine. I always get regular oil changes and currently my oil life is at 62% but I'm going to get the oil changed again to make sure synthetic oil is used and see what info the dealership can provide on this issue. I will inquire about replacing the oil pump with a high pressure version...I'll update accordingly.

- , Temple Hills, MD, USA