2007 Cadillac Escalade electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade:

2007 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

May 252016

Escalade

I have contacted Cadillac customer service regarding my steering wheel smoking and burning a hole in the leather when I use the heated steering wheel feature. They are claiming that it is the result of normal wear and tear which I find absurd. The dealer representative stated to me that in the 10 years he's been working on GM cars, he has never seen this happen. Also, the dealer charged me to replace all four internal door handles after the metal degraded and started cutting our hands. Apparently, other Escalades were covered under a recall but not my VIN. I think both should be covered by GM given the serious nature of both defects.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 092015

Escalade

I was driving approximately 60 mph, when my dash warning sign began to read "low oil pressure- shut off engine" and began beeping incessantly. As I was on a bridge/expressway, I was not in a position where I could safely stop the engine. The engine went into "limp mode" and was struggling to maintain power.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 162013

Escalade 8-cyl

We were pulling out of a parking lot after the SUV was parked for over an hour. When I smelled something burning. Smoke started pouring in side the car on the driver side from under the dash board. We pulled off the road and called 911. Opened the hood and 3ft flames shot out, the alarm went off as smoke and flames filled the air. A lady in a home nearby ran out with a fire extinguisher to assist. Fire and police came, report was filed. My lungs burned for weeks after and I had a chronic cough. The car was towed to the dealer. The dealer found it to be a manufacture defect but GM refused to work with us on costs. We had to pay full price out of pocket for repairs. I filed a complaint with BBB, GM, and many others but got no assistance. I also had issues with this SUV and the transmission failed at 100,000 miles which the shop said it was unusual but for a transmission to fail at this low of miles but in these transmissions it is a known problem. It could have caused an accident if failing on the highway when doing 65 and locked up. There have also been issues with the fuel level sensor which many people have also reported, defective windshield which GM refused to replace. The film over the windshield was defective which caused blurry vision in the drivers line of view. I had to pay to replace the windshield. GM has not backed any of the issues with this SUV. It has been a lemon since day one. I have all receipts for repairs.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Jul 222010

Escalade 8-cyl

A week after I purchased car from rancho motors victorville, ca I had incidents where all electrical features from vehicle would shut down, I have been taking it to dealership and they have kept it for a month at times and their resolution is that the battery hasn't worked but it's been 7 times I have taken it and they don't want to be responsible for it, the worst part is at one point vehicle stop working in middle of freeway and my family and I were really scared, problem continues I'm done and tired of this. I had paid almost $50,000 on unreliable vehicle and problem is because I'm hispanic dealership won't take care of me.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Dec 202013

Escalade

Heated front seats not working. The problem with this, is that the connector that attaches to the climate control seat module (ccsm) (which is located under the front passenger seat), overheats to the point that the connector has melted. I believe that this is a fire hazard and Cadillac should look into fixing it. From all the posts on this subject in the Cadillac owner's forums there are alot of owners having the same problem and concerns.

- Hailey, ID, USA

Nov 212013

Escalade 8-cyl

My vehicle engine light comes on and the gas needle bounces back and forth. When the needle bounces back and forth from full to empty the engine light in the dash will come on and may stay on for awhile but will then go off. When I put fuel in the tank the light will go off but once I start driving again it comes back on and the needle bounces back and forth. Not sure where the problem is but I know my brother is having the same problem with his Silverado. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks for your time.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

May 012013

Escalade

I purchased a 2007 Escalade and have had it for just about 1 year. So far I have had to replace a defective windshield, hubs, evap sensor, purge valve, fuel level sensor, transmission, defective rims, plus the normal wear and tear items....brakes, rotors, battery. All of which happened to go right around 90,000 to 100,000 miles. I contacted Cadillac to address the issues and compensate some costs as this SUV has always been regularly maintained with the best products available including synthetic oils. They refused to work with me.... well today the icing on the cake. My grandfather passed away this week, while moving his personal belongings and having a full truck load of them the truck caught on fire. Smoke began to pour in from the dash by the windshield the under the dash. I opened the hood and flames shot out burning my hand. The police & fd came. Thank god for the family in the home near by who ran out with a fire extinguisher. I had to pay for a tow from Maine to nh. I was out of state, the dealer is closed until Monday. Find a vehicle to use to go to NY where the funeral service are being held. This vehicle is undependable, unreliable, junk that is unsafe. Not only is it because this one is a lemon but because they do not back the product. GM does not care about the publics safety. They don't care if folks get injured or killed. Many of the issues I have had are safety issues but GM dose not find them to be. If a transmission locks up when you are doing 65 on a highway and drops to 20 I think that's a safety issue. At least that is what I have been told by multiple mechanics. If your windshield is defective due to the plastic and glass separating and you can't see to drive, that too is a safety issue. If your hubs go bad your wheel can come off at any speed...another issue. And if you are trapped in a burning car. I would also say that may be an issue too.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Sep 232012

Escalade 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. The contact stated that he noticed burn holes on the sunroof. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the contact was advised that they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 115,000. The current mileage was approximately 120,000. Updated 02/28/13

- Somerset, KY, USA

Mar 032011

Escalade 8-cyl

When driving and coming to slow down at a red light or to make a turn, then accelerate, my 2007 Cadillac Escalade completely shuts down. All electrical and mechanical power is lost. This has happened at least 7 times over the last month. My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle and she uses it to drop the kids off at school and daycare. She's been stuck in the middle of a busy intersection in dallas, tx 3 times. This is a very dangerous situation for my family. I took the vehicle to the service department at massey Cadillac in garland, tx on 03/03/11 and I'm waiting for their diagnosis. I purchased the truck brand new and have regularly scheduled maintenance done.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Jun 212010

Escalade

The contact owns a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 32440 miles. The contact found recall 10V240000 electrical system and has had this recall repaired twice before. The manufacturer has been contact about the repeated failures but, they were unable to assist him. The contact has the repair order for the repairs. The contact is waiting to have the vehicle repaired again.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Oct 282009

Escalade 8-cyl

2007 Cadillac Escalade heated windshield washer module short circuit. The consumer stated the vehicle was not repaired within the 60 day period nor was it repaired within 365 days of the recall notice. Due to the problem not being fixed, the consumer experienced other electrical problems. The recall parts were not available. And, because they were not available the dealers were allowed to remove the heated windshield wiper fuse; disabling the system. Recall 08V441000.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Jul 042009

Escalade

To whom it may concern: We will ¿never¿ own another gmac Cadillac (company name: Mcginnis) vehicle. We leased this vehicle in March, 2009 and we have been having problems since we owned this vehicle. I fear for my life and my family's lives riding in this 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV. Gmac and mcginnis have created an undue hardship and fear for my family's lives. Yes, we fear for our lives as a family when we are in this vehicle; it is not certain if we will make it back home. Gmac and mcginnis Cadillac dealership knew that this vehicle had ¿electrical problems¿ from the outset but didn't notify us of these problems until September of 2008 putting me and my family lives in further danger as well as to my house if this car would ¿catch a fire¿; this 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV was housed every night in my enclosed garage. As stated from their safety recall memo dated September, 2008. "a short circuit on the printed circuit board for the washer heater may overheat the control circuit ground wire. This may cause other electrical features to malfunction, create an odor, or cause smoke. In rare cases, it may cause a fire." It is clearly stated in their recall memo that this vehicle "may cause a fire". gmac and mcginnis Cadillac dealership knew that this vehicle was unsafe to drive and everyone in my family fear for their lives when they are in this vehicle. As can be seen from my attached documents including the transaction history for this vehicle, we have been experiencing electrical problems since we owned this vehicle and neither mcginnis Cadillac dealership nor levi Cadillac dealerships have been able to resolve these problems. Gmac was correct in stating that the electrical problem will cause other "electrical features to fail" as can be shown from their transaction history and my summary of their transaction history including my invoices of repairs: 1.battery was replaced six times 2.air conditioning HVAC control module was replaced 3.all ciga.

- Kingwood, TX, USA