2.1

2008 Cadillac Escalade electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac Escalade:

2008 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Jul 172016

Escalade

On three separate occasions the car has completely shut down while being driven. Twice while at highway speeds, the car lost all power, including power steering, power brakes, as I was trying to safely get over to the side of the highway, all the dash lights come back on, the radio comes on at top volume, the power comes back on. I have had it into an authorized Cadillac dealership. They had it for over a week and could never replicate it or find the issue. The third time it happened on a side street, not as bad as the highway, but still extremely dangerous. This is clearly an issue because I have read other reports of the exact same thing happening. The one I read was in 2008 which is the model year of this car. First time it happened was appx late Nov 2015, , then again in March 2016, and this last time on July 17, 2016.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Jan 012016

Escalade

When I turn on the A/C this smells like oil burning, and I have check engine light on as well. This is because oil is leaking in to the exhaust system. I read that this is a typical issue in these cars. I thought this is a particular car's defect, but I read that is very common issue in the 2008 Escalades.

- Tolleson, AZ, USA

Feb 132016

Escalade

While driving down the highway the vehicle shuts itself off and back on. Doors lock and unlock, air conditioner turns itself on and off along with heated seats turning on. Radio increases in volume and vehicle engine increase rpms. With high volume of traffic major safety concern with other traffic involved.

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Aug 132015

Escalade

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked, the interior dashboard engulfed in flames. The contact attempted to unlock the door, but the door failed to unlatch. The contact shattered the rear driver side window in order to extinguish the fire. A fire report was filled. The vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was not included in a manufacturer recall related the failure. The failure mileage was 116,000.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Oct 152014

Escalade

I will be driving and lose all power! it does it at different speeds. Its like someone turns the car off and back on. The weird thing is it will do it alot one day and then it doesnt do it for a couple of days. It always comes back on but in traffic it could be very dangerous. I have had it put on computers and it never has showed anything. And I was reading on recalls on the ignitions and thought it could be a part oif the recall

- Haltom City, TX, USA

May 242015

Escalade

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. While driving at 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated constantly. The manufacturer suggested taking the vehicle to the authorized dealer to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Morristown, NJ, USA

Feb 212015

Escalade

My vehicle was parked completely off, when an alarm type of sound started ringing. I looked at my car and I see smoke inside by the dash board, I called my husband and he rushes outside and grabbed a tool. He opened up the hood and alot more smoke came out, he disconnected the battery with the tool and my uncle grabbed the hose and water down the engine part of the car. The fire went out and I right away contact me insurnace.the whole electrical fuse box is burn and im not sure what else is damage in the dash board.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Nov 072014

Escalade 8-cyl

First I would like to note that this is the second time this issue has occurred.that being said you can understand why a person would be frustrated when they dish out an estimated 700 dollars for repairs only to be facing the same issue no more than a year later.the problem is with GM's heated seat design. This is not an isolated issue; doing a quick search will bring several forum threads with users reporting the same issues.with the current status of GM in regards to failure to act on potential fire hazards, it's no surprise that they are turning a blind eye here. They are fully aware of the issue and will not take the time to find the root cause. Several users have reported recurring issues even after the "fire hazard" has been fixed/replaced by the dealer at the owners expense. This issue happens when I use the auto start feature in cold whether.I live in Minnesota and the temperatures get rather cold, it's really nice to use this feature whenever possible, however, when using the auto start in cold weather, several users as well as myself have reported that this is what is causing the melting wires due to resistance issues relating to the cold weather. The wires under the passenger seat get so hot that you can actually smell it burning as well as visually see the burn damage upon inspecting the control unit which is under the passenger seat. The scariest part of it all is that no fuse will trip during this hazardous process. The wire will simple melt to the point where it will no longer make a good contact and then "hopefully" quit working without causing additional damage. It's only a matter of time before a report comes in of a vehicle burning to the ground, hopefully no one will be hurt because of GM's failure to act "again". either way, if it does, I will be contacting the news and supplying them this submission as proof that a complaint was filed.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jan 022014

Escalade 8-cyl

The front seat heaters failed. Prior to failure I noted a medium-strong burning smell, but couldn't identify the source. When I took the vehicle to the dealer they reported that the climate control seat module (ccsm) had melted due to too much current passing through it. They quoted me $1092 to replace the part, which might or might not solve the problem.

- Glenwood Springs, CO, USA

Jul 012011

Escalade

2008 Cadillac Escalade. Consumer states vehicle suddenly caught fire and burned while traveling the consumer stated on June 30, 2011, his wife picked the vehicle up from the dealer after having the windshield wiper fluid heater recall performed, a inoperative lock on one of the doors fixed and an evaluation of the dvd system that wasn't working properly. The dealer claimed the recall was fixed. However, within 24 hours the vehicle caught on fire. The investigator was unable to determine the cause of the fire, because of the extensive fire damage within the dashboard and the lack of physical evidence. An electrical cause, could not be eliminated.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Jan 032011

Escalade 8-cyl

2008 Cadillac Escalade. Consumer states that the vehicle was leased and there were issues with the smell of burning plastic or burning wires and turned the car into the dealer. Consumer received recall for heated washer fluid system.

- Westminster, MD, USA

Jan 102009

Escalade

The automatic adjustable pedals reset and moved into there start position, which my wife cant reach. She could not reach the pedals and I taking the vehicle to the dealership tomorrow.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA