2008 Cadillac Escalade engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac Escalade:

2008 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Jul 172016

On three separate occasions the car has completely shut down while being driven. Twice while at highway speeds, the car lost all power, including power steering, power brakes, as I was trying to safely get over to the side of the highway, all the dash lights come back on, the radio comes on at top volume, the power comes back on. I have had it into an authorized Cadillac dealership. They had it for over a week and could never replicate it or find the issue. The third time it happened on a side street, not as bad as the highway, but still extremely dangerous. This is clearly an issue because I have read other reports of the exact same thing happening. The one I read was in 2008 which is the model year of this car. First time it happened was appx late Nov 2015, , then again in March 2016, and this last time on July 17, 2016.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Oct 152014

I will be driving and lose all power! it does it at different speeds. Its like someone turns the car off and back on. The weird thing is it will do it alot one day and then it doesnt do it for a couple of days. It always comes back on but in traffic it could be very dangerous. I have had it put on computers and it never has showed anything. And I was reading on recalls on the ignitions and thought it could be a part oif the recall

- Haltom City, TX, USA

Feb 212015

My vehicle was parked completely off, when an alarm type of sound started ringing. I looked at my car and I see smoke inside by the dash board, I called my husband and he rushes outside and grabbed a tool. He opened up the hood and alot more smoke came out, he disconnected the battery with the tool and my uncle grabbed the hose and water down the engine part of the car. The fire went out and I right away contact me insurnace.the whole electrical fuse box is burn and im not sure what else is damage in the dash board.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Apr 262013

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle after several minutes. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer for diagnostic testing and the dealer advised that an unknown sensor and switch needed to be replaced. The dealer replaced both components but the repair did not remedy the stalling failure. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the failure but the manufacturer had yet to offer any assistance to the contact. The failure mileage was 137,000.

- Ridgefield, CT, USA