2.3

2009 Cadillac Escalade electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Cadillac Escalade:

2009 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Escalade

The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. While the cruise control was activated, it would suddenly fail when the contact activated another electrical device in the vehicle. The failure recurred to the point that the cruise control no longer operated at all. Also, while driving over a speed hump or any other bump in the road, the windows would roll up or down without warning. The dealer was unable to diagnose the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The approximate failure miileage was 100,000.

- Lafeyette, LA, USA

May 012016

Escalade

The rear doors do not lock and unlock with remote, must be done manually.

- Hazlehrust, GA, USA

Aug 112015

Escalade

Rear passenger lock does not unlock from key or button must be done manually.

- South Beloit , IL, USA

Oct 012014

Escalade

While driving the vehicle it stalled and would not go. I had to turn it off and start it again I was about to pull out in major traffic and this could have been bad. Then again it happened while driving I was able to turn off and start again. It also had electrical issues that gave error codes. I brought it in the Cadillac dealership with 30000 miles on it but was told it was not covered under warranty or under a recall. While looking up the issues online there is a recall for this exact same problem but did not include my VIN # I think the recall needs to be expanded before someone is killed in an accident.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Mar 022015

Escalade 8-cyl

My wife was going to a doctor's appointment with our 1 year old child. When she arrives she noticed the power-assisted step did not unfold when she opened her door, as it normally does. When she returned from her appointment and got in the car it the power-assisted step opened normally. After making her first turn out of the street she had parked on, the navigation cd started ejecting and inserting itself automatically, all of doors were locking and unlocking, the lights on the instrument panel and center console were flickering, power steering was lost, and the car stalled. She managed to veer over, turn the key off, and called me. I told her to put the car in park and try to restart. It started fine and she carefully drove back home. I dropped the car off at my local mechanic and they stated there were multiple well-documented bulletins on this electrical failure happening and that the dealership would be best suited to repair the issue. I then took it to the dealership and they stated they had to replace the positive and negative terminal cables to the battery. This could have been a much worse situation in which my wife or child was permanently injured or killed. Imagine if this had occurred on a highway - car stalling and losing power steering. This matter needs to be addressed as it seems to be a common theme for this make and model. Do not wait for a fatality to occur.

- Cockeysville, MD, USA

Aug 242009

Escalade 8-cyl

Car shut off on me twice while driving. The car has a loud squeaking, squealing, rough noise. When that happens my rpms lock up and won't take it out of gear. Transmission slips at various speeds, it is said to believe at an up/down shift and a down/up shift. Suspension and other parts under vehicle are leaking.

- San Pedro, CA, USA