2015 Cadillac Escalade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Cadillac Escalade:

2015 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Aug 022016

Brakes completely failed. I pulled into train parking spot and the cars would not stop. I had to keep pumping the brakes and eventually it just stopped. I tried it gain and the brakes were hard and couldn't push them down. I am so lucky that I was not on a highway going fast with my kids in the car. Adillac said I needed the hydro boost replaced.

- Harriman, NY, USA

Jun 182016

At 15000 miles and original owner while towing our brakes completely gave out. No warning sign, no leakage, only 1 symptom a few months prior where the brake peddle was mushy. Dealership said it was fine. Everything worked fine driving it throughout day. Stopped for dinner just before we entered mountain pass. Got in SUV to leave for home and had no brakes at all. Emergency brake won't even kick in to be used for emergencies. The vehicle gave no warning signs, engine or brake light warnings. No changes in brake pressure, no leaks under vehicle or on engine. It was an instant give out of brakes and could have happened while driving. Fortunately they did not give out while moving more than 3 mph so we are still alive. Dealership and GM both said it was normal for brakes to give out and not have any brakes when the brake master cylinder gives out. This is not normal! they replaced the master cylinder and all works fine now. However I feel this is a major vehicle safety issue in that for a vehicle to completely lose all of it's braking ability but not be prewarned that there is a problem is extremely dangerous. If we didn't stop for dinner the brakes would have given out in the mountain pass and me and my family would more than likely be dead at the bottom of a mountain cliff! we are extremely afraid to drive this vehicle now and GM has no interest in buying it back or helping us get out of it. They just said "just wait to see if it happens again" which to me, means, wait until you cause a fatality. They also said this isn't happening to other GM vehicles.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 132015

The vehicle had virtually no brakes to stop it and 11,215 miles. General Motors already had service warnings out to dealers dated 7/17/2015, GM document id #4242788. They say they replaced pads and rotors. At 23,589 miles the vehicle needed brakes again. Service manager tells us that this is a known problem at General Motors. They have even issued a new warning for 2016 models. I consider the vehicle to be unsafe to drive in that the brakes can go out without any warning.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Nov 132015

My 2015 Cadillac Escalade has been in the shop for 130+ days in the first calendar year for defective brakes, transmission, suspension, electrical, and HVAC. I have contacted GM and they don't want to repurchase the vehicle. The vehicle is constantly in the shop for problems and it is not a vehicle that should be operated on public roadways. The transmission has been replaced once before due to defects in design and build quality. The transmission how causes the car to take off in 4th gear rather than in 1st gear which means the car feels as if there is no power to propel the vehicle. The transmission slips and feels as if it is broken. I have taken it to the dealer at least 5 times and GM now does not want to replace the transmission even though the dealer has verified the concern and documented it. I feel that GM is not doing enough to ensure safe vehicles are on the road. This transmission issue is going to cause an accident one day. I have already put GM on notice all the way up to the executive level and they don't want to do anything about it. I feel that NHTSA should investigate the issues that plague 2015 full size GM SUV owners. There are a lot of us out there according to my research.

- Porter Ranch, CA, USA