3.4

2004 Cadillac SRX suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac SRX:

2004 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Sep 082016

SRX

I bought the Srx used in September and since then I have had one issue after another. If I accelerate too quickly my transmission, (I think), has a very loud ratcheting/popping sound. My service suspension system error msg comes on every time I start my vehicle. I have read that this could be related to the air compressor not working or faulty sensors. My service stability system error msg also comes on every time I start my vehicle. This seems to cause the traction control feature to mess up, which then on occasion when I press my brakes, even slightly, my brakes lock up and I skid for just a second. My power steering fluid seems to continually leak or the pump is bad. I have refilled my resovoir many times and I constantly have a very loud "whining" sound. My power steering system also seems to go out occasionally and my vehicle is very difficult to turn.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 072011

SRX 8-cyl

I own a 2004 Cadillac Srx with only 75,000 miles on it and the steering gear (rack-in-pinion) has to be replaced now for the 2nd time. The first time it had to be replaced was after the car just went out of warranty with only 57,000 miles on it and Cadillac would not repair it under warranty, only 7,000 miles out of warranty"? how often do you have to replace the steering gear on a bwm, Volvo, Lexus, infinity or even yet a Yugo at only 57000 miles? the car has been perfectly maintained, serviced and kept in excellent condition. It was replaced with a brand new steering gear from classic Cadillac. Now only 18 months later and 17000 miles the steering gear has gone bad again. This is a very expensive repair and Cadillac/GM is telling me that the part only comes with only a 12 month, 12000 mile warranty??" this is obviously a defective in the design of your product. I called the 800-458-80006 customer help line and have little confidence that Cadillac will help me with this problem. My car is now going to be tied up in the shop for several days and is going to be a huge inconveniences and expense to myself and family. Please let me know who I can speak with at Cadillac/GM to talk with about this obvious defect in your product.

- Chagrin Falls, OH, USA

Jul 082009

SRX

The contact owns a 2004 Cadillac Srx. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle would pull to the right, causing the brakes to become engaged and the vehicle to stop. The service stabilizing system light illuminated at the time. The contact had to hit the reset button and the computer reset itself. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer but the dealer could find nothing wrong with the vehicle. The manufacturer had not been notified. The failure mileage was approximately 64,000.

- Indianapolis , IN, USA

Aug 112008

SRX

Noise in rear of auto, result was wheel bearing in rear wheel was found to be bad national back order of part, waiting for car to be repaired.. car has only 34K miles.

- Endwell, NY, USA