2006 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac SRX:

2006 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Apr 072016

SRX

Random traction control engagement and stability system both noted in radio -- but no conditions to warrant it and no codes to explain it--when checked nothing found. Causes dangerous unexpected slowing of vehicle both at initial acceleration and turning which is contrary to what would be expected by surrounding traffic. Then sluggish w deceleration but no check light and mechanic can't figure. Now will only drive forward, can't drive or even push in reverse. This event was preceded by loss of acceleration on highway (sluggish) -- also dangerous and still ni engine light!

- Durango, CO, USA

Aug 122014

SRX

While driving at a very slow speed the car tracking system light comes on and the car lost the ability to accelerate. I was in the medium of a very busy highway and almost had an accident because the more I push on the accelerator the car would not go any faster. This is very dangerous and I am almost afraid to drive my vehicle. I have taken it to the shop for this problem and they had no idea why this was happening. I have to be very careful when at a stop sign getting ready to take off because I don't know if the car will accelerate or not. This has been happening for a long time and I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

- Oxford, AL, USA

Jul 252015

SRX

This incident has happen twice and I was almost in a fatal car accident (killed). Both incidents I pulled out of a drive way turn left the 1st time and right the other and my brakes locked up on me and the "system stability" service stability system appeared on the dash, oncoming cars approach the car and I was almost hit with kids in the car with me; I had to shut down the car and restart. Cadillac needs to get the issue fixed asap before it causes death. I am making this comment because if I have a fatal accident I will make sure my family is aware of this issue. I have notice many many many people have complained about this issue and that it needs to be a recall. If Cadillac fails to recall this issue blood will be on their hands. May god have mercy!

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 192015

SRX 8-cyl

This is the third incident with this vehicle involving the traction control stability system locking up. The last two event involved a crash. The most recent crash I broke my neck and I am in rehab recovery. This most recent crash involved a complete loss of control where the stability lights on the dash came on all of sudden on a snow / ice covered road, and the back end spun around and I crashed into the ditch along the road. I suffered a broken neck and still have the neck brace. As soon as the dash lights came on the vehicle was uncontrollable, and began to slide and spin off the road. This happened once before where the vehicle shifted to the side of the road in a jerking fashion for no reason when the dash lights came on. At that time I was also in a crash.

- Iron River, MI, USA

Jun 152014

SRX 6-cyl

At low speeds when pulling out of a driveway or taking off from a stop sign or traffic light my 2006 Cadillac Srx traction control engages and almost stops my vehicle in the middle of the road. I have almost been hit several times by other drivers because of this problem. I took my Cadillac to a local GM dealership (dale earnhardt Chevrolet) in newton nc. On my first visit to the dealer they found a multiple misfire (code P300) and a faulty oil pressure sensor (code P0521 & code P0523). I was told by the dealership that the misfire was causing the traction control to engage, so they changed all the spark plugs and changed the faulty oil pressure sensor. When I picked up the Cadillac from them and drove it home the traction control continued to engage several times. I returned my Cadillac for the second time to the same dealership the next day. They scanned the vehicle computer for codes again but could not find any and could not duplicate what I was describing that the vehicle does. I returned home with my Cadillac and drove it for several more days. The traction control continued to engage and when my family was almost involved in another crash I took it back to dale earnhardt Chevrolet for the third time. They test drove it again but still they couldn't get the traction control to engage. They contacted General Motors this time. General Motors told them to update the PCM and apply dielectric grease to the ebcm connectors and clean the terminals and test drive. The dealership completed the work and test drove it for a whole weekend. When I picked up my Cadillac they told me everything should be ok now. On my home the traction control engaged again several times. That was on 07/21/2014. I have spent close to 1,000 dollars on this problem and I don't think the vehicle is save for me and my family to drive anymore. I have no idea what to do now.

- Taylorsville, NC, USA