2010 Cadillac SRX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Mar 022016

Front end collision into side of 2007 Chevy Suburban at 40-45 mph. Dry road conditions. Air bags did not deploy.

- Apex, NC, USA

Jun 222015

Hit head on by truck going approx. 45 mph that swerved into my center turn lane. Front end demolished - car was totaled - but air bags did not deploy. Seat belt did not lock on impact. Side of my head hit driver's window or frame - was catapulted forward and caught in seat belt when it pulled out all the way, resulting in horrific and painful chest, abdomen and left leg injuries (soft tissue).

- Davisburg, MI, USA

Nov 102014

SRX 6-cyl

I just brought this SUV Sept. 2014. Last week I was going around a curve. The rear end swerved and the tires rolled over the curve. The air bags deployed and the car stopped, the car was towed to a Cadillac dealer.( weeks before I found out about the recall on the air bags, seat, suspension and seat belt.) so, when I told the adjustor about the recall he just brushed it off and said, " it's not the recall.". I don't think the adjustor worked for an outside company. I need to get my car independently checked so I can find out if it was the recall items. How could my air bags deploy from going over the curve" the car has no damage... none! I think the dealer does not want to fix the recalled items or they fixed them wrong. Because my driver seat was making some crazy sounds the weeks before the airs bags came out. Plus, I told the dealer and he said all the work was done to the car. I think their lying.... is there a government place I can have the car checked or can you send someone? can you please help me" thank you for your time.

- Blackwood, NJ, USA

Feb 032014

The passenger side airbag light will turn to off with a passenger in the seat. It appears to occur when the passenger changes position/shifts their weight in the seat. The service airbag light will trigger until the sensor finally responds and turns the airbag back on. I have read where this is a recall in other make & models but different year.

- Denton, TX, USA

Dec 042010

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. While driving less than 10 mph the air bag deployed and the vehicle stalled. The driver was hit on the shoulder and the back of the neck by the air bag. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who advised him that the failure was not covered under warranty. The vehicle was damaged and the repair cost was $2,800. A claim was filed with the manufacturer. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 6,000.

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA

Nov 062010

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac SRS. While the contact was driving approximately 50 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated for forty five minutes. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who was unable to locate the failure. The failure mileage was 12,500.

- Mascow, TN, USA