2010 Cadillac SRX steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jan 012016

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that while making a left turn at 5 mph, the steering wheel seized without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the power steering fluid was leaking and the power steering hose needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. It was unknown if the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,184.

- Logan, UT, USA

Feb 202015

SRX 6-cyl

Brought my 2010 Cadillac Srx to king O'rourke Cadillac in smithtown, NY on Jan 13,2015 for recall issue concerning the rear toe link, GM recall #14557. Car was there 2 days taking care of 4 recall issues. About 4 weeks and roughly 1000 miles later, on Friday February 20, 2015, I used the vehicle to go to the doctors and noticed no problems on the way. My 7yr old son was with me. From the doctors I proceeded to my hairdresser, still no issues. At some point on the way home after leaving the hairdresser, I noticed that the car felt abnormally "floaty" and was swaying over bumps. I stopped at a 7-11 on hospital road and nys rt 27 in East patchogue where I attempted to inspect what I could on the vehicle, mostly the condition of the tires. I then left 7-11 and proceeded to enter the on ramp for nys RT27 East. As I accelerated in the on ramp, the vehicle started swaying more. After that I heard a metallic sound and the rear of the car started to jackknife. I was able to slow down and a police officer entering the highway behind me stopped to offer aid. After a quick look, he stated that the car had a broken axle. He left since I had already contacted my husband and he was on his way. My husband arrived shorty thereafter and informed me that he called for a tow truck. While waiting for roadside service to arrive he also inspected the vehicle and also took photos. He said the right rear toe link, which was supposed to have been inspected and replaced as necessary as per the recall notice at king O'rourke 4 weeks earlier had separated. He also indicated that the links were not replaced and failed due to damaged threading. This was confirmed by the mechanic that towed the car to my home. While GM corporate is trying to be helpful in this situation, kathy at king O'rourke is claiming they are not responsible saying "as the second owner of the car I cannot expect a new part."

- Mastic Beach, NY, USA

Apr 092013

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that an abnormal noise was heard from the steering wheel when turned on initial engine start-up. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnosis or repairs. The manufacturer had not been made aware of the problem. The approximate failure was 36,027.

- Houston , TX, USA

Feb 132012

SRX 6-cyl

I was rear-ended while I was stopped in traffic. There was minor damage to my rear bumper however this caused numerous issues with my car immediately thereafter. I experienced numerous electrical issues and then it got worse. I lost steering, brakes and and the engine stalled. The car became immobile and had to be towed to the dealership. After they serviced the vehicle, they found that the battery shorted out and the ECU had failed. I believe that because the problems occurred immediately after the collision that it was the collision that triggered them. I feel that this is a design flaw that could be very dangerous in such a situation.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA

Oct 242011

SRX 6-cyl

I purchased my 2010 Srx (used) in Oct 2011 from king Acura in birmingham, al. It had 23,000 miles on it at time of purchase. From the date of purchase I have had an issue with a rubbing noise when the wheels are turned to the left or right. The noise seems to be worse when the vehicle is cold. I have had the vehicle inspected at our local Cadillac dealership, and though they did hear the rubbing noise, the technicians were unable to determine a cause. In addition to being very annoying, especially after paying premium prices for a luxury vehicle, I am concerned there may be a structural problem that will result in accident and injury. I am taking the vehicle back to the dealership, but I fear it is a futile effort as the mechanics seem to have no idea what is causing this noise. Is this issue common, and if so, is it being researched and addressed by the engineers at Cadillac? someone please address this and provide a fix! if a fix has been determined, please provide instructions on the procedures for having this problem resolved as soon as possible.

- Eastaboga, AL, USA

Nov 152010

SRX 6-cyl

The 2010 Cadillac Srx has an issue where a rubbing noise is heard anytime the vehicle is turned to the left or right. The issue is widespread with many Srx owners reporting the same issue, as can be seen at the web site of the vehicle has been to the dealership and they have been unable to resolve the issue. I have contacted Cadillac customer service at 1-866-982-2339 over a week ago and have not yet received a response. It is very concerning that the issue seems related to the steering system of the vehicle and I am concerned that the vehicle is not safe. Since the issue is widespread, I believe there is a serious need for a recall. I hope NHTSA can work with Cadillac to get the issue addressed asap in order to prevent a tragedy involving the 2010 Cadillac Srx.

- North Attleboro, MA, USA