3.2

2010 Cadillac SRX suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Oct 222015

SRX

I have had my car 6 years and it has been in the shop over and over from the engine lights, stabilize bar, power steering, transmission problem, anti lock brake and traction control light, security light, catalytic convertor, would not start, remote not detected, sunroof leaks, oil leak, seat belt, brakes problem, gas mile not accurate,

- Canton, MI, USA

Jul 102015

SRX

The contact owns a 2010 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that the previous owner heard an abnormal noise coming from the front of the vehicle upon operating the vehicle or making a turn. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than twice and they were not able to replicate and diagnose the failure. The contact indicated that, upon owning the vehicle, the noise continued and he noticed that the bushings were twisted and dry rotted. The dealer was notified of the failure and did not provide a diagnosis to repair the vehicle. The contact heard an abnormal noise while making a turn and operating the vehicle. The contact, a mechanic, purchased the part from the dealer and replaced the front lower control arm bushings. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and provided no remedy. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000. Updated 02/05/16

- Lacombe, LA, USA

Sep 152010

SRX

I purchased the car new, but the front suspension has been a problem from the beginning. Squeaks, rattles, vibrations and thumping prevailed from the beginning the dealer replaced a strut after 10K, then steering and then bushings. However, all the symptoms above remained. At lower speeds, the vibrations worsened, as did the moaning, the rattling, etcetera. Otherwise, the car as a whole has been reliable, including engine and brakes. I performed all scheduled maintenance religiously, I drive gently and mostly highway. A new dealer opened closer to home, and I began going to them. Last December, I asked them to repair the front end, after years of enduring a lousy ride. The vehicle now had 80,000 miles. After 3 days, and $1700, the dealership seemed to have fixed the issues, with new struts, bushings and steering coil. However, within 3 months, all the original defects reemerged. In fact, the vibrations worsened, with a feeling that the entire suspension was loose from the chassis, and vibrational thumps at highway driving sound like an 18 wheeler when it drives over train tracks, with booms, as if the axle disengages from the entire mono-frame. The engine has been reliable and fine, I like the interior and exterior looks. However, I strongly believe the front suspension is a fundamental design flaw and has robbed me from enjoying any moment in this vehicle. Finally, I am getting more concerned about the safety of the front end. If the dealership can't improve it, when I schedule my service in two weeks, I will sell my car in despair, but I'm deeply disappointed in the performance of this vehicle, the awful ride quality, and chronic symptoms which no car should ever display. I sincerely hope you consider this problem in this vehicle. Thanks.

- North Andover, MA, USA

Apr 102014

SRX

At approximately 52,000 miles car developed a roar in front. I have been told that the front wheel hub assembly needs to be replaced. If this were to go on and not be replaced an accident could result from wheel bearing over heating or breaking off and causing accident.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Mar 192015

SRX

I took my 2010 Srx into dealership due to a loud roaring noise and vibration in the vehicle at 50-60 mph. Dealership advised that tires needed to be replaced and vehicle aligned. Tires had less than 30,000 miles on them. All tires were replaced and vehicle aligned ($1000+). approximately 2 - 3 weeks later, I noticed a loss of power in the vehicle when trying to accelerate. Additionally, while stopped at a stop sign or light, vehicle sputtered and shook like it was going to die. This happened on several different occasions. Stability trac light come on during this time but then went out. 05.01.15, the vehicle completely lost all power to accelerate over 40 mph and has an awful roaring noise. 05.05.15, the vehicle was towed to the dealership & is currently there. Received call from dealership that the wheel hub bearings need to be replaced @ $1,100+. I am not happy with this solution & do not believe is will fix the current issues with my vehicle, as I should not be having a bearing issue @ 70K miles. I now believe that something more was wrong to have caused my tires to have worn so quickly and poorly. Further, there is moisture buildup in both of my headlamps that I predict will cause problems after reading previous consumer complaints without gms acknowledgement.

- Angleton, TX, USA

Feb 202015

SRX 6-cyl

Brought my 2010 Cadillac Srx to king O'rourke Cadillac in smithtown, NY on Jan 13,2015 for recall issue concerning the rear toe link, GM recall #14557. Car was there 2 days taking care of 4 recall issues. About 4 weeks and roughly 1000 miles later, on Friday February 20, 2015, I used the vehicle to go to the doctors and noticed no problems on the way. My 7yr old son was with me. From the doctors I proceeded to my hairdresser, still no issues. At some point on the way home after leaving the hairdresser, I noticed that the car felt abnormally "floaty" and was swaying over bumps. I stopped at a 7-11 on hospital road and nys rt 27 in East patchogue where I attempted to inspect what I could on the vehicle, mostly the condition of the tires. I then left 7-11 and proceeded to enter the on ramp for nys RT27 East. As I accelerated in the on ramp, the vehicle started swaying more. After that I heard a metallic sound and the rear of the car started to jackknife. I was able to slow down and a police officer entering the highway behind me stopped to offer aid. After a quick look, he stated that the car had a broken axle. He left since I had already contacted my husband and he was on his way. My husband arrived shorty thereafter and informed me that he called for a tow truck. While waiting for roadside service to arrive he also inspected the vehicle and also took photos. He said the right rear toe link, which was supposed to have been inspected and replaced as necessary as per the recall notice at king O'rourke 4 weeks earlier had separated. He also indicated that the links were not replaced and failed due to damaged threading. This was confirmed by the mechanic that towed the car to my home. While GM corporate is trying to be helpful in this situation, kathy at king O'rourke is claiming they are not responsible saying "as the second owner of the car I cannot expect a new part."

- Mastic Beach, NY, USA

Nov 102014

SRX 6-cyl

I just brought this SUV Sept. 2014. Last week I was going around a curve. The rear end swerved and the tires rolled over the curve. The air bags deployed and the car stopped, the car was towed to a Cadillac dealer.( weeks before I found out about the recall on the air bags, seat, suspension and seat belt.) so, when I told the adjustor about the recall he just brushed it off and said, " it's not the recall.". I don't think the adjustor worked for an outside company. I need to get my car independently checked so I can find out if it was the recall items. How could my air bags deploy from going over the curve" the car has no damage... none! I think the dealer does not want to fix the recalled items or they fixed them wrong. Because my driver seat was making some crazy sounds the weeks before the airs bags came out. Plus, I told the dealer and he said all the work was done to the car. I think their lying.... is there a government place I can have the car checked or can you send someone? can you please help me" thank you for your time.

- Blackwood, NJ, USA

Jun 062014

SRX 6-cyl

My husband and I were returning from a trip to myrtle beach. We had just gotten on the New York state thruway. We had just passed a tractor trailer when all of a sudden the car immediately veered to the right. My husband attempted to correct this and it immediately veered to the left. It did this 2-3 times before he was able to get it under control. We pulled off to the left shoulder of the thruway and called for a tow truck. It was towed to otto Cadillac in albany New York. This is the repair that was required. Installed new 20867273: Sl-N-link (05416-K) 20867 qty 1. this is what was found lr adjust link broken, replaced link and aligned rear tow to spec. Service was done satisfactorily no complaints with service department but we do not want anyone else to experience this.

- Poestenkill, NY, USA

Nov 012011

SRX

Passenger side head light has ongoing electrical short goes out indicates on the information center then will randomly come back on took it in to the dealer no fix. Also when turning to the left or the right there is squeaking noise from the tires and suspension it gets worse when cold out. To pay $55,000 for a car and have ongoing issues. It also got new head gaskets at 51,000 miles and a new transmission at 43,000 because it wouldn't go in to reverse one afternoon. Had to be towed to a dealer was replaced under warranty.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jul 202012

SRX 6-cyl

Srx 4-spontaneous shear of right rear tie rod/bar while traveling 65 mph on major multi-lane highway, daylight, dry weather conditions. No bells or whistles. Lost control of direction of travel swerving between lanes as speed slowed and/or attempting to apply brakes. Noted loud squealing noise and rear-end sparking for several miles until a safe offroad stop was accomplished. Defensive drivers behind and beside me avoided impact and catastrophic event. Flat bed required. Offload of vehicle from the flat bed and movement to repair bay, required mechanic's to "manually" kick the wobbling, markedly tilted wheels upright to direct auto travel in a straight line. Dealer evaluation found right rear tie bar sheared, and left rear tie bar link loose. Dealer mechanic reported corrosion and part defect, specifics of report not shared. Dealer reported "repaired under warranty and vehicle operates as designed." Personal vehicle use specifics include no offroad use, only dealer service, several electrical warranty repairs, most recent dealer service was oil change/lube 6/23/2012, and air bag module replacement (warranty) 7/5/2012.

- Latrobe, PA, USA