2011 Cadillac SRX miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Feb 082016

SRX

My 2011 Cadillac on Feb 8 @016 went put in park and went to get out of it jump in reverse I fell got try put in park in steal it went in to drive pull with car in car wash and I got pen between the door and car frame. Plus in car wash it crush me went the arm of car wash pen me between the arm on car wash and my door an frame of the car. I contact GM motor about this and they said pay medical and to have car fix. Now they said no. It not there fault. Why did I go to all trouble to get medical number tell me the going pay.

- Jones, OK, USA

Nov 022015

SRX

While putting groceries in the back of the Srx the power lift gate came down without warning and hit me in the back. I was able to hit the button and open the gate back up. After about 10 seconds or so it came back down. It will not stay open.

- Renfrew, PA, USA

Oct 222015

SRX

The vehicle's sunroof drain hose material shrinks due to changing environmental conditions. This results in the drain hoses detaching from the dash or sunroof module. Water leaks into the vehicle damaging interior components including wiring, electronic modules, the sound deadener and carpet. This happens every time it rains or through car washes.

- Converse, TX, USA

Aug 042015

SRX

Air conditioning system is not cooling properly. Passenger side is somewhat blowing cool air and driver's side is blowing hot air. This is the exact situation that resulted in a recall of 2011 Cadillac Srx. However, this Cadillac Srx was not initially included in the recall and has not been to-date. The safety recall notice is 11057; Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 103. This could potentially cause a serious problem in the winter months when the defrost may not work properly. It is obvious from our research that this vehicle should have been included in the recall as it is the exact same situation as those affected by the recall. We have contacted GMC only to be told that the recalls are very specific. We have tried to explain this situation but have been told that we will have to deal with the selling dealership. However, this is a GMC situation, not a dealership problem. We are very concerned that a car manufacturer only recalls certain vehicles in a given year with a situation and leaves the other vehicles of the same year, make, and model on the road that they arbitrarily decide not to recall that are experiencing the same problems.

- Woodville, AL, USA

Jun 012011

SRX

I did this in my last car (GM-Yukon) so I re-enacted to see if it would happen in my new car (Srx): I use my key fob to open only the hatch-back when walking up to locked car. I lay my purse (with key-fob and cell phone in it) in the back while unloading groceries, etc., and then close the hatch. I am locked out of the car. The car doesn't chirp to let me know the key-fob is the car after closing as it does when I close the doors up front while unlocked. I think this is a safety complaint because I could be locked out at night in a parking lot without a phone or money for a pay phone to call for help. I also think that key-fobs should have a hole in the car to plug it into. Women tend to keep keys in purse, not on their body.

- Marietta, GA, USA