2011 Cadillac SRX steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Mar 052015

SRX 6-cyl

2011 Cadillac Srx with 20,000 miles on it had the entire wheel hub come apart. Bolts fell out and the remaining bolts were all loosened. This problem ruined the caliper and brakes. I was lucky that I was not driving on the highway very often as I could have had a very serious crash.

- Thornoton, CO, USA

Jun 252014

I pulled out of a parking spot and then suddenly my car jolted to a stop. I had heard a snapping noise and the car wouldn't move forward or backwards. I looked at my tire only to find it was bowed in towards my car instead of away from it since the wheel should have been turned away from the car. Upon further review the tire rod had snapped. If the tire rod could easily snap as I was simply pulling out of a parking spot then it could have easily snapped while on the highway which would have resulted in injuries to myself and my child.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Mar 022014

Driving down the road at 45 mph and engine dies. Complete lose of engine power, steering and braking. Has happened twice. Can only imagine what would happened if I had been driving on highway at 70 mph. Did manage to manhandle the car to the side of the road.

- Ochlocknee, GA, USA

Oct 312010

SRX 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated when attempting a turn in either direction while driving 25 mph, there was a slight vibration felt and grinding noise in the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that they were unable to repair the problem. The manufacturer was contacted who stated that they did not have a remedy for the failure and offered no further assistance. The failure mileage was 5,000. Updated 8/29/11 the consumer stated the steering has been a problem since he purchased the vehicle. Updated 09/21/11

- Winchester, IN, USA