4.7

2012 Cadillac SRX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jul 152016

SRX

I was driving home on NY state thruway, I got off my exit and approached toll booth to stop and pay toll. I stopped the car to pay and the car was trying to lurch forward and started shuddering and the rpms were dropping like it was going to stall. I pushed the selector lever into neutral and the car stopped lurching forward and the rpms returned to normal. I put car back into drive after paying toll and proceeded forward to the traffic light and stop and the car did the same thing again. I proceeded home and when I arrived and pulled into my driveway the car started to shudder slightly and when I completely stopped in front of my garage I just held my foot firmly on the brake to see what would happen and the car attempt to go forward but stalled within seconds. I attemtpted to start the car back up but it took a few seconds of pressing the button before the car fired back up. I then backed up to the end of my driveway and went forward to see if it would do it again but it did not. My wife started car in morning and it did it again at the first stop sign she approached. I called carbone Cadillac and scheduled an appointment to drop off car to correct issue. They had the car for two days and could not replicate the condition. I picked up the car and I will get it to do it again an get it on video for proof of the defect as this is unacceptable. I just bought the car for my wife 2 months ago. Totally unacceptable safety hazard to say the least. Mileage is 40,251

- Clinton, NY, USA

Nov 262014

SRX

Vehicle was parked in a driveway with a slight slant. Rear hatch was opened and we were unloading vehicle. Vehicle was in park and turned off. Approximately 5-10 minutes after exiting the vehicle, we went back outside to remove items from the rear. The vehicle started rolling away (tires turning, not a slide). A person in the group was able to catch it and jumped in the driver's door and applied the brake. Service dept reports they can find nothing wrong. I'm grateful we were able to catch it otherwise, someone could have been injured while unloading the rear or it could have rolled away and crashed while we were in the house.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

May 232012

SRX

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that the vehicle was exhibiting a 3-4 second delay in acceleration. The vehicle was not taken for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 44,000.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA