2012 Cadillac SRX steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Feb 042016

SRX

Freehold collision repaired my 2012 Cadillac Srx after being sent to them from gold coast Cadillac in oakhurst. New Jersey on February 4,2016. They forged my name on repair paperwork stating that I accepted the car back and was satisfied with the repairs. This is not true.

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

Feb 042016

SRX

My car was T-boned while being serviced at gold coast Cadillac in oakhurst, New Jersey on February 4,2016. The car was was sent to freehold collision to be repaired at a cost of $11,622.15. The car was not repaired correctly. The gas cap is loose and the rear door is misaligned. The car isn't safe to drive. But yet the dealership forged my signature on the documents the repairs were satisfactory to my liking and I accepted the car back. That is not true.

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

Mar 262016

SRX

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated while driving the vehicle at low speeds, the steering column jammed. The contact stated that the vehicle resumked to normal after thirty seconds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 58,000.

- Wales, MA, USA

Dec 042013

SRX

Steering screeches and shudders when turning when temperatures are below 40 F. I've taken it in to be checked at least six times. I am repeatedly told there is nothing wrong with it. This has been an issue from the get go and now with 55,000 miles on the car it is no longer under warrantee.

- Loomis, CA, USA

Sep 102015

SRX

Driving and making a turn when my steering wheel and brakes locked up.

- Martinsburg , WV, USA

Mar 142014

SRX 6-cyl

We started the car, and was backing up and there was a grinding in the steering wheel when turning it right and left. We took it to the dealer and the power steering fluid was leaking out of the power steering pump into the steering. They cleaned it all out, and added a thicker fluid on 3/ 25/2014, we started the car it happened again we took it directly to dealer and they agreed something wasn't right. They put in a new pump. We picked it up had it two days and it happened again. We took it back, and was told the dealer called GM and they couldn't do anything else because they didn't have the parts. We were told it wasn't dangerous, but I'm thinking if the power steering fail working while driving, we could crash.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Mar 142014

- Abilene, TX, USA

Dec 232011

SRX 6-cyl

Severe grinding or scrapping noise from front passenger side wheel area when turning at low speeds. Problem is only present during cold weather. Seems to diminish as vehicle is used but sometimes remains for long periods. Can be heard by bystanders and very well inside vehicle. Have had no luck with dealer.first few times said could not hear then next time said unsure of cause.

- Siiux Falls, SD, USA