9.7

2015 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Cadillac SRX:

2015 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Aug 062015

SRX

While driving on the interstate, 8/6/15, my 2 week old 2015 Cadillac Srx (650 mileage) suddenly accelerated and continued to do so while I was stepping on the brakes, repeatedly. My wife and I could smell the brake pads as if they were "burning" from the pressure I applied but the Srx would not stop. Whenever I lifted my foot off the brakes slightly, the vehicle surged forward. I pulled over into the left shoulder and shut off the engine to get the vehicle to stop. We were traumatized as our grandchild was in the vehicle. The Srx has been in the Cadillac service department the past two weeks as they try to find the problem. The vehicle computer did not report any problem and test drives would not duplicate the occurrence for the serviceman.

- Willow Grove, PA, USA