2006 Cadillac STS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac STS:

2006 Cadillac STS Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 282015

STS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Sts. When the contact started the vehicle, the service air bag indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed and repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,396.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Jul 312016

STS

Involved in head-on collision on July 31, 2016 when a vehicle pulled out in front of me on a clear, dry, day on pavement I was traveling about 30 mph and tried to swerve to miss the other vehicle, but my vehicle made contact on the left front quarter panel of my car hitting the other vehicle at the drivers side door. My air bag did not go off nor did the seat belt stop me from hitting the steering wheel. After the accident, the warning panel read "service air bag". the other driver was ticketed for failure to yield.

- Ocala, FL, USA

May 032016

STS

Went to start up my 2006 Sts-V today. After a few blocks of driving my airbag light came on. Another few seconds passed and across the message board it said service airbag system.

- Billings, MT, USA

Dec 152015

STS

We own a 2006 Cadillac, Sts, V8. At approximately 96K miles the airbag sensor warning illuminated. At first it was intermittent. Then became constant. Dealership sais it will be $900-$1100 to repair. The warning was first noticed upon startup in the garage. Same problem existed in the cts and was recalled according to the tech at the dealership. Cadillac should fix this problem with as many other reports that have been documented. Ourselves along with many other Cadillac Sts owners are driving vehicles without airbags. Whats the point?

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Sep 032015

STS 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Sts. While driving 50 mph, the air bag lights remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bags sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 94,000. Updated 05/11/16 updated 05/16/16.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 152015

STS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Sts. While driving various speeds, the service air bag warning message displayed. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front passenger side presence module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 89,000. Updated 08/30/16

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Dec 012015

STS

While starting my car, a light came on my car indicating "service air bag". I took my car to the dealership and they indicated that the passenger seat module for the air bag needed replacement in order to correct the service air bag issue. The total cost of repair including parts, labor and reprogramming was $1,000 to $1,200. I do not have $1,000 to fix this problem, so I am forced to drive a car without airbags. The 2005 - 2007 cts has the same issue and GM issued a recall. Why not the Sts"?"

- Allen Park, MI, USA

Oct 062015

STS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Sts. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the passenger seat air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Hempstead, TX, USA

Oct 022015

STS

Passenger side airbag sensor is not working. Refilled gas tank when restarted car service airbag light came on.seems to me something GM should fix.

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Jan 282014

STS

Air bag light constantly stays on, along with the check engine light. Seat belt chime constantly rings with the seat belt connected. Gas low notification light does not come on until on empty. No heated seats. I think the ECM needs to be reset.sun roof goes up but not slides open. Passenger side door won't open.automatic car starter doesn't work. 2 years ago, my son in law, started this car in below zero temp and it started on fire. He put it out and restarted it and it was ok. Something makes noise occasionally for no apparent reason.

- Shakopee, MN, USA

Jul 242015

STS

Vehicle air bag light went on took it to repair facility they told me the passenger air bag sensor in the seat needed repair, cost $900. Why is the cts a recall but the Sts is not covered by recall?

- Spokane, WA, USA

Jun 012015

Light come on warning

- Shelby, NC, USA

Apr 012015

STS

I'm currently transporting elder clients without any airbags in my vehicle for the past six weeks. There was a recall on the 2006 cts, but not the Sts for the same issue. There are numerous complaints online about the same issue on the 2006 Sts. My dealer refuses to honor my request to repair the passenger seat sensor (which controls the airbags) under recall. Thank-you!

- West Berlin, NJ, USA

Jan 312015

STS

The "service air bag" display appeared on control panel during a return trip from Florida to Massachusetts. I searched on-line and discovered that Cadillac had a recurring problem with this issue, and had recalled some cts models for same. However, the Sts model has not been recalled. I brought the car in for service this week. The passenger seat module for the air bag needed replacement in order to correct the service air bag issue. The total cost of repair including parts, labor and reprogramming was $844.95.

- Lakeville, MA, USA

Sep 242014

STS

I was traveling through the countryside on my way home from work. My car suddenly stalled, I lost control of the vehicle and slammed into an on coming car in the other lane. This caused permanent traumatic brain injury as our airbags never deployed causing us to slam our heads off windshield and side door window.

- New York, NY, USA

May 152014

STS 8-cyl

Traveling 81 North in northeast Pennsylvania, rounding turn car stalled. I lost complete control of the vehicle which caused me to slam into a guard rail and the car went down an embankment and into a boulder. Air bags never deployed. Passenger and I were severely injured and had to be pulled out of the vehicle. Although we were both buckled in, the seatbelts flew off upon impact. This car should be recalled, it is very dangerous and should not be on the road (its a death trap).

- Clarks Summit, PA, USA

Mar 152014

STS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Sts. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. As a result, the contact lost control of the vehicle causing it to veered off road and crashed into an embankment. The air bags failed to deploy. In addition, the contact stated that the seat belt lock disengaged. The contact and the front passenger sustained permanent brain injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 152014

STS

The contact owns 2006 Cadillac Sts. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning causing another vehicle to crash into the contact's vehicle. The vehicle rolled over several times ejecting both the contact and front passenger from the vehicle. The driver and front passenger sustained neck, back and brain injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

May 012007

STS 6-cyl

2006 Cadillac Sts. Air bag light illuminated. The consumer stated on May 7, 2007, she had to return the vehicle to the dealer, because the air bag light illuminated. Nine months later, the air bag light illuminated again. The dealer kept the vehicle for two days. They noted a wiring and/or connection replacement. Between February 2008 and October 2012, the air bag light illuminated. The light would come on at times and then go off, as if it was trying to correct itself. Prior to making an appointment to take it back to the dealer for the third time, the light came on and stayed on. July 2013, the light illuminated and went off again. As of June 2014, the light has once again illuminated and remained on.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Dec 072014

STS 6-cyl

I started up the car last night, and "service airbag" came up on my driver information center. It has not gone away sense. With all these air bag recalls, is that one that would be included?

- King Of Prussia, PA, USA