2007 Cadillac STS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Cadillac STS:

2007 Cadillac STS Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Rear right brake caliper broke in half, while driving out of a parking spot I lost my brakes the pedal went to the floor and blew a whole in my rim and I no longer have brake pads, my brake fluid leaked out ( disaster. Unbelievable and I had new rear brakes.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 042013

STS 6-cyl

My wife went to the local gas station and as she was pulling in she made a right hand turn past the pumps to park. She hit the brakes and the car sped up. She slammed them harder and it slightly slowed down but she hit 2 guard rails and then crashed into the cinderblock wall destroying the front bumper, both front fenders, headlights and the internal aluminum bumper was crushed as it was designed to do. The air bags did not go off but she was not hurt. She said the car sped up while the brakes were deployed. Also, after she hit the wall she tried to put the card in reverse but she had to put it in neutral to actually go in reverse. The car is at the mechanic being fixed at this time but I am concerned about this speeding up instead of stopping when the brakes are applied... this is not a good thing and the insurance company said it was up to me to find the cause. Someone from Cadillac or NHTSA needs to come and look at this before the car is fixed.

- Sunrise, FL, USA