8.0

2000 Cadillac SeVille steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Cadillac SeVille:

2000 Cadillac SeVille Owner Comments

Dec 172006

SeVille STS 4.6L V8

I purchased this car used from a dealership in Nov. 2005. The car was in excellent shape with no noticeable problems. During the test drive I never got the car near 65 mph so the vibration was never an issue. It wasnít noticed until about a week later and I assumed it was a tire missing a weight or just needed balanced. I took the car to the dealership and had all four tires rotated and a standard balance. While driving the car home from the dealership I noticed the balance issue was still there so I called and talked to the service manager and he had me bring it back in. He convinced me to pay more money (another $100) and have the tires balanced with a special machine with the tires on the car. This made a big difference but there was still a strong vibration around 70 mph. The dealership instructed me to purchase new tires and that would solve my problems. I purchased a new set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A from a local Samís club and the problem was just as bad. After going back three times for complaining about the tires being out of balance they agreed to order a new set to eliminate the possibility of a bad tire. I am currently waiting for those to come in as for they are special order tires. After reading about all of the other people having the same problem as am, I suspect it is not the tires but something else. If there is anyone out there that could shed some light on what the real problem is please e-mail me.

- , Perry, OH, USA