2001 Cadillac SeVille drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Cadillac SeVille:

2001 Cadillac SeVille Owner Comments

Nov 152003

We purchased the car from tutwiller Cadillac in indianapolis, Indiana in 2001. It is at 46,000 miles now and is thankfully still under warranty. We have had problems ranging from computer to power steering. Last week my service engine soon light came on. I took it to the dealership. They said it was the transmission and the tcc solenoid. They also said the turbine shaft seals were leaking. They received my car on Oct. 27th and returned it to me on Oct. 29th. No sooner than 20 minutes down the road my service light came back on! I drove it back to the dealership. This time they said it was the air injection pump and replaced it. I received it back on Oct. 30th. Yesterday, Nov. 6th I was driving home from work and the accelerator stuck and sounded like it was grinding in the front. It came unstuck after approx. 10 seconds or so. I immediately called the dealership again. This time the service stability system came on. (it was on last week too, but they said they couldn't find anything and that the light went off.) I asked that a wrecker take my car this time, because I was uncomfortable driving it. As of today I have heard nothing from them. My husband and I are very frustrated with this dealership and Cadillac. I am sure tutwiller has computer records of how many times they have serviced this car!

- Sheridan, IN, USA