2002 Cadillac SeVille accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Cadillac SeVille:

2002 Cadillac SeVille Owner Comments

Feb 012013

Radio has power. Cannot use either radio or nav. Push power button and screen displays error message wanting to load a cd, at least I think. Seems like it wants to reload program. Have a friend who has a 2007 Vet and his nav radio is same as mine. I tried his nav discs in my unit and nothing happens. The display screen remains tilted half way. Have to pull fuse to shut radio off. Screen does not return to original position.

I keep thinking that there is a CD that reloads the nav/radio program. I've search a lot of websites looking for such a CD but find nothing. There are CD's for the nav to buy but nothing for a system disc. I've talked with one of my working friends who has been a tech and he thinks I may have a fuse issue. Looking in the manuals I see there is a fuse for "radio" and "nav." I've not check the radio fuse to see if blown. If you need more info as to what the screen reads, I need to be able to reply to your message. There are no new radios in GM parts for this radio/nav unit. Everything is used. So, can you help?

Chuck Meyers