2009 Cadillac XLR electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Cadillac XLR:

2009 Cadillac XLR Owner Comments

May 182015

Opened car with key fob, but it would not start. Upon pressing the start button the dash readout stated ┐no key fob detectedŁ, or something similar. Tried to exit vehicle and could not. I was locked in! continued to try and start vehicle, unlock door, roll down window, all to no avail. Dash readout then stated ┐low voltageŁ. I pressed the onstar emergency button, but with the battery discharged they could not call me. My vehicle had just become a prison.I am 67 years old with heart problems. Thankfully it was not my wife as she is claustrophobic.I will also pass this along to GM/Cadillac. This is a safety issue. I was very fortunate by having my cell phone on this day & was finally able to be released from this "prison". the remote door unlatch located in the trunk could not be easily accessed as the trunk lid apparently also works off 12 volts. All vehicles need to have the ability to unlatch the driver's door accessible from the driver'┐'s seat by the driver. Immediately upon exiting the vehicle, my battery was at 7.3 volts. The battery has been replaced once. If the door unlatch operated at 6 volts there would be less of a safety issue. If the trunk unlatch operated at 6 volts there would be less of a safety issue. If technology allows you to enter a vehicle technology must allow you to exit and therefore be less of a safety issue.

- Plymouth, MI, USA