2014 Cadillac XTS fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Cadillac XTS:

2014 Cadillac XTS Owner Comments

Sep 302014

XTS 6-cyl

It is may-be about to happen - as a senior citizen - I feel my new car may be a danger to me if I park at a location other than a safe parking lot with security. The capless fueling is nice but not with a feature to lock. It can be opened either while all other doors, windows are locked and secured with a theft deterrent system. All you do is push the cap and a prank of just putting something in my gas line could cause damage. Resulting with my not starting it and/or a de- deterrent to stop me for a robbery or worse. I would believe a hidden tap to un-lock the gas cap inside the car for me to open would be better. I had this feature on a 2010 Mazda - miata I traded in for the purchase of my Xts that they sold in seven days. Please advise as to correcting the issue.

- Milford, CT, USA