2003 Chevrolet Alero body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Alero:

2003 Chevrolet Alero Owner Comments

Sep 112012

Alero 2.2L

On a day when it was pouring rain, I noticed my floor board carpet was soaked. Water was somehow dripping on the floor from my dash. When I started the car ALL the lights on the dash came on, the speedometer didn't work, the tach didn't work and my gas gauge didn't work. They stayed on even after the car was turned off. Later that day, the lights all went off, but it took another day for the speedometer, tach and gas gauge to work. Then my car wouldn't start when I was ready for work. My daughter took me, picked me up at lunch and I tried it again. It started this time. It's rained 4 times since I got this car and twice my floor board has gotten soaked. I don't know if it makes a difference in how hard it's raining or what the problem is. I had to have a horn wired in and attached under my dash because it didn't work when I got it and my state requires an inspection. I thought maybe the water was traveling along the hood and following the wire. Who knows. I'm already sick of it and have only had it two months. Never buy an Alero. They suck!!

- , Forsyth, MO, USA