2004 Chevrolet Aveo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Aug 162007

Aveo 4-cyl

Rear brakes locked on application, luckily right in my driveway. Released by rocking back and forth, only to lock again....pulled drums myself to find all four linings delaminated from shoes! phoned GM Canada and got absolutely nowhere until I mentioned the fact that I carefully took pictures and it was lucky that no one was killed! having a sudden change of heart, they phoned my dealership and arranged for a free set of shoes, which I installed, since I live three hours from a dealership. I'm satisfied with the process, except for the fact that this could conceivably happen to any Aveo at any time! mine had 70000 kms. (45,000 miles) on it at the time, 85% linings! have yours checked!! no dust in the drums, either. Scary!!

- Port Mcneill, 00, USA