2006 Chevrolet Aveo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo:

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Aug 232016

Update on previous claim #10898024 left side tail light is out and left head light. This is all from the main connector in fuse box under the hood of car.

- Conley, GA, USA

Jul 102016

About 6 weeks ago smelled something burning. Prior to burning smell, the daytime running lights all inside dash lights and clock lights and gear shift lights went out while car was in motion on a major city street. All lights stayed off for about 20 mins. Daytime running ligts never came back on. Clock lights still goes off an on. Dash lights and gear shift lights came back on once. But have been off a month now. Reported to GM. Recall on daytime running lights fixed free. But they said no recall on wiring of lights. I am not the only owner that has thos problem there are many who have written complaiys on GM. Recall website. I have pictures of burnt fuse connector relay that controls all lights. 10 mins of mechanic checking the part was so hot he couldn't touch it. On 8/09/2016 terry cullen fixed recall. I payed them $100 to check problem about lights they said they needed $400 more dollars for 4 hours of more looking. My family mechanic found problem with in 10 mins...... dealer.. all about money! I think they should have saw the problem or even knew it.

- Conley, GA, USA

Jan 102012

Aveo 4-cyl

The car key will not turn on. I have to reenter the key and turn the steering wheel back and forth to get the key to turn on. Then once I get the car running it falls dead while I'm driving it. I have had my car towed twice because I could not get the key to turn on, this a daily problem and a very dangerous one. If the car continues to turn off in the middle of traffic some one could hurt very bad or killed.,

- Houston, TX, USA