2006 Chevrolet Aveo fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo:

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Jul 152012

This car has a defective throttle body and iac(idle control assembly).I have to try to crank it 7-8 time before it will stay running.I am physically disabled and on a fixed income, they told me that it will cost $1000 to $1500 to fix this car which there is no way I can pay this large amount. I believe that chevorlet should do the right thing and put there defect on the recall list.

- Steens, MS, USA

Jan 022014

Aveo 4-cyl

My Chevrolet Aveo 2006 automobile has several issues that need to be addressed immediately. My car has issues with shifting and it suddenly speeds up for unknown reasons. My check engine light comes on all of the time. I tighten the gas cap as the manual states and it remains on. Also, there could be possible problems with the gas line as the car is making a loud sounds when I accelerate and smells like gas. I received a safety recall notice last year and was told that I would be contacted by mail when parts were ready. After 6 months, I contacted Chevrolet who replied that the parts were still not ready after no response from Chevrolet. I had to do the leg work myself. Their absolute disregard for immediate action is utterly reprehensible. People are being killed or injured because of their lack of or inability to address the situation.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Jul 082011

Aveo 4-cyl

Check engine light goes on and off for random amounts of times, from hours to weeks at a time. Taken to dealership for testing. Throttle body is defective and needs replaced.

- Lancaster, OH, USA