2007 Chevrolet Aveo exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Aveo:

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Apr 142008

I purchased my 2007 Aveo in April of 2008. Since I purchased it, there has been a thumping noise that sounds like it's coming from either the trunk or under the back seat. It only makes this noise on a cold startup. It usually makes this thumping noise approximately 6-10 times and then stops. If I shut off the car while it's making the noise, then it makes a thumping/popping sound and then stops. Every time I take the car in for an oil change, I mention to them to please check this out. They always tell me that they don't hear it (that's because the car is usually warmed up by then or if I leave it overnight, they don't bother to wait a few seconds to hear it) and then I get the same answer all the time. I just recently took it in again and thinking they fixed it, (they moved something around under the car) and when they started it up at the service department it didn't make the noise (that's because the car wasn't cold) and they blew it off. I am now supposed to take it back in again and have the technician sit in the car with me to make sure we are listening to the same noise. Before I go this time, I am going to tape the noise and play it for them BEFORE they try to fix it. If they still can't tell me what the problem is, I guess I will keep taking it to different dealerships until someone actually knows what they are doing and can fix this annoying problem.

- , Merrill, WI, USA