2007 Chevrolet Aveo seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Aveo:

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 132014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Galion, OH, USA

Sep 102016

Takata recall my 2007 Chevy Aveo on 9/ 10 2016 wen I started it up the passenger side air bag light saying that the airbag is off! has just come on and will not go off! it is on every time I start the car and wile driving it with or with out a passenger in it. This from what I have read on line means the air bag is bad and will not deploy or will deploy for no reason there needs to be a recall I have read many post from others with this same problem in the 2007 Chevy Aveo please recall this car before someone is killed!!!

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Nov 222007

Light stay on always.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 022016

For the last week, my airbag light has been staying on.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Jul 302016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact started the vehicle and the front driver side air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Madison, VA, USA

Jun 032016

The "passenger air bag" light on the dash stays on and won't go off.also the check engine light goes on and off and I had the code checked and they said is is something with the fuel.I have heard other complaints about the air bag light and it might not be deployed in an accident.why does general motor have to wait until people get killed in their cars and have a class action lawsuit filed before they do the right thing"why don't they recall these cars and fix the problems with electrical, air bags and other manufacturing defects" my car only has about 21,000 miles on it.Chevrolet should be ashamed to sell lemons and show total disregard for their customers lives.

- Arcadia, CA, USA

Aug 192014

I was involved in an accident in which my airbag didn't deploy. I suffered from a concussion, a hairline nasal fracture, and I still have issues with my neck and back to this day. As I have noticed it seems to be a common problem not only with GM vehicles but Aveo's as well. When is a recall going to be issued?

- Adkins, TX, USA

Jan 052016

Air bag light stays on duration when I'm driving. I took it to the dealer and they looked at it and the light was off, but it came back on again after 3 months.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Dec 172015

My airbag light has been on for 3 months and know once it's on won't work if and when I need it. This a major safety concern and something that GM should be addressing as it seems to be a manufacturer related issue. I took my vehicle down to my local auburn cheverolet and they told me they would have to replace the clock on my dashboard which works perfectly fine in order to fix the airbag problem. This doesn't seem right and should be a big red flag. I would like to see GM address these issues instead of sweeping it under their proverbial rug. They are putting customers at great risk.

- Kent, WA, USA

Feb 262016

The contact owned a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. While making a turn at 20 mph, the steering wheel locked up and caused the vehicle to spin out of control. The contact crashed into an oncoming vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The police was called to the scene and a police report was filed. The contact was uninjured; however, the pregnant driver of the other vehicle sustained injuries that required medical attention. The contact's vehicle was destroyed and towed to a tow yard. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 126,859.

- Haltom, TX, USA

Jan 072016

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, another vehicle crashed into the side of her vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained multiple bruises, cuts on an unknown arm and leg, one passenger sustained a broken nose, and the other passenger sustained a cut below the eye that all required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a impound lot. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was not available....updated 01/25/16

- North Platte, NE, USA

Nov 132015

I would like to suggest the Chevrolet Aveo only has frontal air bags and should have more air bags especially for side collisions.

- Portland, CT, USA

Aug 132015

My air bag light keeps coming on. I took it to a Chevy dealer (huber automotive) numerous times and they claimed to fix it but it keeps returning

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 092011

In June, 2011 my sister was driving a Aveo and clipped a road sign on the right front bumper, continued to go straight over to left down an embankment of approx. 6 ft and 40-45 mph and hit steering wheel so hard that it broke steering wheel and busted her heart killing her instantly. I went to school for automotive and know a lot about cars and this accident makes no sense. I took pics of everything. Even though the airbag was out it didn't appear to have inflated completely and the clothing my sister had on she should've had some sort of cuts, burns, abbrasions, but instead nothing but a busted heart. She also hit the windshield with her forehead. I saw no sort of residue on or in the car as evidence that the airbag did what it was supposed to. She sustained injuries common to those injuries sustained from a car not equipped with an airbag. I was even going to see if Aveo came with a black box and to pull it off and have it analyzed, but the car got sent to junk yard before I could do that. No conclusion to this whole ordeal and this great loss we've suffered will ever bring her back, but knowing what I do about cars, I have so many questions and really want this looked into. I have Inc reports pics of the scene with and without the car, as well as the car by itself panel for panel pics of the car. I know the Aveo is not one of the vehicles named on the news, but there are other similar cars with the same issues.

- Slater, SC, USA

Jul 062015

On 7/6/2015 my airbag light came on. When I took it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, they said it was due to a faulty occupant restraint control module which would cost almost $900 to get fixed. I was told by the dealership if I got into an accident, my airbags will not deploy due to this failure. I am shocked this major safety issue is not covered by GM and has not been recalled. My vehicle will not pass inspection without this part.

- Knightdale, NC, USA

Jun 142015

1. on June 14, 2015, the red passenger airbag warning light came on and will not go off. I checked the owners manual and all it said was that there may be a problem with the airbag module. NHTSA's database states in service bulletin #sb-12-09-41-001, id #10047441 that Buick/Chevrolet is providing information regarding counterfeit vehicle airbag module for 2006-2010 Aveo (and other models). Any vehicle airbag defect or counterfeit part is a major safety problem! what "information" have Chevrolet/Buick provided"?" I am extremely upset that any passenger in our 2007 Chevrolet Aveo is at great risk! 2. in NHTSA's #14V2161000 recall subject: Daytime running light module overheating involves 2007 Chevrolet Aveo vehicles (& other GM vehicles). This is of real concern to us because we have never been contacted by Chevrolet about this defective running light module overheating and possibly causing a vehicle fire. We purchased our 2007 Chevrolet Aveo in 2009! please help.

- Walnut Cove, NC, USA

Sep 122012

I purchased a used 2007 Chevy Aveo hatchback for my daughter's first car. Since getting it, the air bag lights would sometimes stay on and then go off from time to time. Recently the main air bag light stayed on constant. Then the passenger air bag light came on too saying that air bag was off. Needless to say, it is not a safe car to drive if the air bags will not deploy in an accident. Getting it fixed will cost about $700 to change sensors and "other stuff". upon researching about Aveo's and their air bag issues, I'm happy to say that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Sadly there are hundreds if not thousands of the exact same problems from owners of Aveo's found all over the internet. All these owners are doing what I am doing, paying out of pocket to fix a known and documented problem by the manufacturer. These cars are not the best cars to begin with, but our daughter and her passenger's safety is worth the $700. Now if only Chevrolet felt the same about our daughter and every other owner of an Aveo and man up and fix the issue. Besides, don't tax payers technically own this company anyway because of the bailout"???????????" someone demand a recall on Aveo's and their air bag issues please!!!!!!!!!!

- Centerville, OH, USA

Nov 132013

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact was informed that the air bag needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

May 052015

The front passenger air bag light seat sensor was replaced under warranty years ago, however there has been an ongoing issues now with the front driver's side air bag light. Last August it was a clockspring, a week ago it was the SDM module, now a week later they are saying it will take a new clock. Dealership claims this is an ongoing issue with these cars yet there is no recall.

- Manhattan, KS, USA

May 012013

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was confirmed the air bag was not working properly. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 31,840. Updated 7/7/15

- Vancouver, WA, USA