2009 Chevrolet Aveo lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo:

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Sep 032016

Both headlights went out and the wires look like they caught fire. The drivers seat belt is alway unbuckling while driving.

- Berwyn, IL, USA

Oct 152015

My dashboard light suddenly went out, at the same time the right tailgate light and the front right light went off. I checked online and a number of people having the exact same problem. It is a wiring issue

- Pullman, WA, USA

May 092015

I have had to change my headlights 5 times since I bought it in 2010. This time when I changed the front drivers side the harness was burnt and melted.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Aug 012013

Aveo 4-cyl

Headlamp right not working. Bulb replaced. High beams are working. Relay switches are working 10 amp and 15amp fuses are not blown. No recalls on this vehicles are covered by dealership.

- Romeo, MI, USA

Oct 022014

Aveo 4-cyl

I notice that my left head light when out. I replace the bulb with a high price bulb but headlight was very dim. I then notice that my headlights went out all together and no high beams, but my high beam light indicator on my dashboard is on. Also I my radio display will go in and out sometimes.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Feb 032014

Aveo 4-cyl

The low beam headlights don't work anymore. Went to mechanic, who replaced bulbs with brand new ones, and they didn't work either. They tested fuses and said those were fine. They recommended I go to a Chevy dealership to fix it but don't have the money for all that. Running around at night to get home from work on a passenger-side daytime running light only, or high beams when no one's around. Help!

- Spring City, PA, USA

Oct 032013

Aveo 4-cyl

Left front headlight went dim at night. Replaced the bulb but did not fix the problem. When checking the wire to the bulb noticed burn marks. Front head light has went dim before but the suddenly started working again a while back.

- Leesburg, FL, USA

Apr 172012

Aveo 4-cyl

The dash lights, shifter lights and all console lights are out. This appears to be a known problem as I have found it all over the Chevy forum. Is there a recall on this? not real safe especially for my 16 year old daughter. Please let me know the fix and if there is a recall I can apply to this not so unique problem

- Gillette, WY, USA