2011 Chevrolet Aveo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Aveo:

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

May 272016

Aveo

My car has had multiple issue within the 8 months is have had it. My car has 68900 miles on it and is a 2011. My car was in the shop for a total of two months because, my breaks stopped working on the interstate, it was running hot, my acceleration ( pickup speed) will not work properly. My car is always drifting to the left when I do drive. My check oil light came on, took it to the dealership and had a full tank of oil. They told me again nothing was wrong. A large amount of liquid comes out my car after parking it, assuming it is from my A/C but its more then usual. My A/C does not get cold all the time, its pretty hot. My steering wheel has been shaking since I purchased it, when I go up hill my car wont go past 40 mph, then when it reaches to 60 mph it wont stop increasing, when I hit my break going down hill the steering wheel shakes, and the car too.the dealership keeps telling me nothing is wrong with my car.

- Buford, GA, USA

Dec 172014

Aveo

I was driving on a backroad going about 30 mph. My engine shut off causing me to lose my power steering and power brakes. I was able to get the car into a parking lot and pull my emergency brake. I then shut off and restarted my car. It started fine. It is now at a dealership where they can find nothing wrong. Although it is still stalling on them as well.

- Fort Thomas, KY, USA

Oct 132012

Aveo

Nothing but problems with the braking system. It has been in twice to be serviced. We stated that the brakes didn't function correctly and the pedal was spongy and would go all the way to the floor without stopping the vehicle. The 1st time they changed the master cylinder. The second time she went in with same complaint and they looked at it and told her the brakes were working fine. This finally resulted in an accident where she went through an intersection/red light and hit another car, and her air bags deployed.

- Crystal Lake, IL, USA

Jul 262012

Aveo

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph the brake warning lamps illuminated and the brakes failed to engage. The contact mentioned that she was able to stop the vehicle by engaging the emergency brake. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,600 and the current mileage was 30,660.

- Princeton , WV, USA

Jun 242012

Aveo 4-cyl

When turning vehicle all the way to left or right brakes fail to operate correctly. The brake pedal becomes hard and gives you less than 10% braking function. Is not intermittent, it happens every time vehicle is turned completely to left or right and the brake is applied.

- Guernsey, WY, USA