2011 Chevrolet Aveo engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Aveo:

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Aug 082013

For approximately the last year I have been having issues with this car being sluggish on and off and now it sporadically has no power, when you press on the gas, you loose power at times. Now it just dies whenever! I have had it to multiple shops including the Chevy dealer and nobody knows what is wrong. What is it going to take" having it stall in traffic and having someone die? apparently this is an issue with many Chevy Aveos! I really think this needs to be looked into! would you want your wife, husband, son, daughter, mother or father driving a car that is this unreliable"

- Oconomowoc, WI, USA

Mar 282012

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated the vehicle stalled and overheated while driving 55 mph. The contact towed the vehicle to a dealer. The dealer replaced the thermostat but that did not remedy the issue. The contact took the vehicle back to the dealer and replaced the thermostat and radiator cap. The failure mileage was 19,500.

- Milford, DE, USA

Nov 272011

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated the vehicle stalled without warning while driving at any speed. The failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who performed a diagnostic test which located the failure in the computer system. The dealer reprogrammed the computer, but the failure was not corrected. The vehicle continued to stall while driving at any speed. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN information was not available. The failure and the current mileage was 18,000.

- Columbia, PA, USA

Oct 112011

I have been at the dealers repair shop like 10+ times for the same transmission problem. Today I was out on a quick trip to the store and when I changed gears from reverse (to get out of my drive way) then to drive the gear shifter became hard to move? and then the "hold" light came on. After that my car went on and off acceleration dragging, then on my way out of the parking lot of the store, I pushed to accelerate and then my car barely moved like slower than the cars regular cruise (like when you let the car move on its own in motion off the accelerator) it went slower than that. I am about up to my shoulders in frustration with it, now the hold light wont come off and I almost got in a car accident now it feels unsafe to drive.

- Converse, TX, USA