1. had it flushed out (1 reports)
  3. torn out my whole dash, was bad gear in blend door actuator (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Blazer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer:

1998 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jan 182011

Blazer LS 4.3L V6

took my several hours to take my whole dash out to get to the actuator, sits on heater code, the gear inside broke/cracked, common i've read, would have costs hundreds in labor, thanks GM

- , Lansing, MI, USA

Dec 012008

Blazer LT 4.3L V6

On 11/30, my fuel pump goes out...replaced it. While I was replacing the fuel pump, I figured I might as well replace the was old, original and was starting to drag anyway. So.....after that hell, I go out to start my Blazer and alas! I have no heat. WHAT? WHY? So, I was told that the climate control might need to be reset. Ok, so I take out the RDO fuses, put them back in like I was told. There was heat for a few seconds, then it went to cold air blowing out again. I don't understand why replacing the battery would jack up my heating. Help please, somebody?

- , Bloomfield, IN, USA

Jul 062007

Blazer LS 4.3L V6

Heater wouldn't work. Had Dexcool gunk all built up somewhere. Continue to put Dexcool in it as instructed by manual. Worked later with funky smell that lasted for months.

- , Flagstaff, AZ, USA