1998 Chevrolet Blazer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer:

1998 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jul 232006

1998 Chevy Blazer with multitude of problems, which Chevy denies. Including wiper failure, brake failure, complete corrosion of anything touched by dexcool, and on and on. Very unsafe vehicle!!!!!

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Jul 252003

While driving on a major highway, the right front wheel broke off from the sprocket and separated from vehicle.

- Greensburg, LA, USA

Mar 012002

Blazer 4WD

I have had severe problems with the suspension on my truck. I have recently taken it O pinkerton Chevrolet and wanted them to fix the problem. At this time I did not know of any recall on the 1996 and 1997 models. I thought I would have to pay for this repair. But the guy at the place informed me there may be a recall, but he wanted to look at it and call me back. Well a few hrs later he called me and said that it was not my ball joints it was the idler arm so I had it replaced and thought I was done. Well 3 days later my truck is worse than it was I have since called the dealer and I am going to take it today to see if we can come to terms on this. My complaint is that there is a recall on the 96 and 97 models, is my truck affected" why did the mechanic tell me he checked ball joints when he didn't. he sent me on the road unsafe with my child. And probably fixed something not broken. Was I scammed? is the a way to absorb the cost of a recall at the publics expense? not good business. Were left over parts used on 98 vehicles? is this considered when a recall is determined necessary? are the parts stamped to determine manf. Date on parts"

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jan 052002

Upper/lower ball joints have gone completely out.

- Bradford, NH, USA

Jan 162002

Blazer 4WD

While driving, consumer stated she could hear a loud noise, consumer was informed by dealer that the ball joints need to be replaced.

- Somers, NY, USA

Jun 152001

Blazer 4WD

When the ball joint broke the left front wheel drop to a 45 dreeg angle and the auto went left in to the on coming lane. I was lucky because I was going 30 miles a hour and no one was in the lane. I had no control for a few minutes and if this would have happen on an interstate highway I sure a major accident would have happen.

- West Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 092000

Vehicle started making a clunking noise coming from underneath hood. Consumer took vehicle to dealership, and mechanic replaced all off upper ball joints. Mechanic told her that it shouldn't happen at 45000 miles. There were no injuries.

- Shelby, MI, USA

May 101999

Blazer 4WD

Makes loud popping sound. Fixed 1X in Aug. Said it was control arm. Worked at first, now it's back. Help!

- Wallingford, PA, USA