1998 Chevrolet Blazer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer:

1998 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jun 232001

Blazer 4WD

The torque converter on the transmission does not lock out at highway speeds and the transmission overheated.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Apr 232001

Blazer 4WD

I bought a new vehicle so I would not have major problems like this. The mechanics said that there is a work order out on the torque converters. It will cost me $1600 for tranmission plus rental car and $618 for the two wheel bearings. The torque converter knocks when I shift gears and causes pressure build up in the engine. The wheel bearings cause loud noise when the vehicle is moving and I was told that the wheel may come off. I should not have these major problems with a vehicle, that is why I bought a new one...I never had problems like this with other 4X4 vehicles. GMC should be made to recall these vehicles for these problems. There is to be work orders out on both the company is aware of the problems. This is my first Chevy and I think it will be my last.

- Altoona, PA, USA