6.0

2000 Chevrolet Blazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jan 232013

Blazer LX V6

click to see larger images

coin keeper ejecting from center console coin keeper ejecting from center console

While driving my 2000 Chevrolet Blazer, the springs in the back of the coin keeper, in the center console, malfunctioned and the coin keeper (plastic case and all) ejected from the console projecting coins everywhere in the cab. The plastic coin keeper ejected with such force, it collided the dash making the coins scatter everywhere. While the coin keeper ejected, the springs remained in the console.

For a minute I had no idea what happened, I even thought something had come through my windshield as some of the coins had projected into the glass. Thankfully, I am a very aware driver and I was able to keep this shocking event from making me lose control of my vehicle. I'm happy it happened to me, as other people I know, it would have possibly made them lose control and have an accident.

I'm worried this might happen to someone else with much worse results than an ugly hole in their console. This event has made me doubt keeping my blazer or purchasing Chevrolet vehicles in the future. If something as small as a coin keeper can eject from the center console, almost making me lose control, what else could malfunction? Will the next event cause me to lose control? Can one of my family members be hurt? These are just a few of my concerns.

- , Kingman, AZ, USA