2000 Chevrolet Blazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Aug 162009

Blazer 4.3L

I have had quite a few near death experiences. When applying the brakes at a stop sign, the ABS locks up (causing the wheels to lock up as well) and my blazer skids about a foot. I took my blazer into the Chevrolet dealer and they ran the VIN & said that there are no recalls for this problem. Hard to believe... They told me that the ABS module alone with cost about $1,000. On top of that I will be charged labor fees. I don't have this kind of money and it's unfortunate that I am going to have to get rid of this vehicle. I found two ABS recalls online according to the NHTSA (00V055000 & 99V220000) so I don't know why the Chevy dealer didn't honor these ABS recalls for my blazer. :-(

- , Upland, CA, USA

Apr 262008

Blazer LS L35 4.3L V6

The ABS operated on dry pavement as well as when cornering. Took it to dealer for service. There was a hole in the brake line which they replaced, charged me $79 for parts and $360 LABOR!!! Two days later, the ABS light is on and the system came on again turning a corner. I'd like to disconnect that system but I'm not taking it back to service. I understand this is quite common for ABS. Won't get anything for a trade-in but can't wait to get rid of this vehicle.

- , Gloversville, NY, USA

Feb 192008

Blazer V6

ABS activates at random while on dry pavement? This car is the worst, as soon as it past 130000 kms. it hasn't stopped costing me money. I am sick of it.

- , Little Current, ON, Canada

Mar 252006

Blazer LT

This the worst vehicle I ever owned can't wait to pay it off !!! so I can sell it private because the trade in value sucks!!!! so I am stuck with for another year, if it make till then.

- , Lancaster, PA, USA